Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

c320 Kill story? Or is it suicide.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes c320 sedan
c320 Kill story? Or is it suicide.

So there is this jack face on a motorcycle who was actually driving like a total jerk. So I am sitting at a red light... that was about 200 ft from the next red, but all the lights go green in the same order.

So I rev up and he does too (much louder than my stock c320) and I wanted nothing more than to show him up, just because he was driving like a d-bag. Well the light goes green and I floor it and he flies off. Soon he was a spec on the horizon and I was aproaching 60...

Why does this thing have no power?
Old 06-19-2011, 05:40 AM

None
Dude, you're racing against a freaking motorcycle. That thing can go 200mph+ easily. It's nearly impossible to race against a bike. The sad thing is that bike is more likely $5,000-1$0,000 and still goes 0-60mph in 3 seconds and easily reaches the 200mph mark.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:34 AM

2002 Mercedes c320 sedan
Yeah, I know. Stupid by all means. I just hoped he didn't know how to drive it. He did.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by zmcmil2121
Yeah, I know. Stupid by all means. I just hoped he didn't know how to drive it. He did.
One of my favorite races that I ever had was in my modded C32 against a guy on a 900 sport bike (not sure what brand, etc.). Anyhew, my son was in the passenger seat, and we were stopped at a light. Having beaten a few bikes (mostly 500-600 class and always from a roll), I thought I would give this guy a try. My son was laughing "Dad, you're going to get smoked, that bike is a monster." As a former biker myself, I could tell that the guy was either world-class, or thought he was (leathers, helmet, boots, gloves all matching a very slick-looking yellow sport bike).

So, we both kind of took off gently. At about 10 mph, I nailed it. As the C32 lit up the rear tires, I heard what can only be described as the sound of the world's largest chainsaw. Simultaneously, this yellow flash passes by my driver's window as if I was standing still. However, not only was he smoking me, he was doing it while riding a wheelie! Literally, the dude went from 0 to at least 100 mph in about 4 seconds on one wheel. It was such an awesome sight. My son and I were laughing our asses off for about an hour afterwards. . . the absolute best "killed" story ever.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Nothing beats beating a bike, come to the darkside!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,078 Likes on 865 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Originally Posted by Tommy_s4
Nothing beats beating a bike, come to the darkside!
http://youtu.be/t_9_2okstuM
Old 06-22-2011, 07:27 AM

None
Originally Posted by Vomit
One of my favorite races that I ever had was in my modded C32 against a guy on a 900 sport bike (not sure what brand, etc.). Anyhew, my son was in the passenger seat, and we were stopped at a light. Having beaten a few bikes (mostly 500-600 class and always from a roll), I thought I would give this guy a try. My son was laughing "Dad, you're going to get smoked, that bike is a monster." As a former biker myself, I could tell that the guy was either world-class, or thought he was (leathers, helmet, boots, gloves all matching a very slick-looking yellow sport bike).

So, we both kind of took off gently. At about 10 mph, I nailed it. As the C32 lit up the rear tires, I heard what can only be described as the sound of the world's largest chainsaw. Simultaneously, this yellow flash passes by my driver's window as if I was standing still. However, not only was he smoking me, he was doing it while riding a wheelie! Literally, the dude went from 0 to at least 100 mph in about 4 seconds on one wheel. It was such an awesome sight. My son and I were laughing our asses off for about an hour afterwards. . . the absolute best "killed" story ever.
Indeed, that's one of the coolest kill stories I've ever read. From my experience, I used to race against a bike in the highway, but haha... the biker accelerated to cut at front of me from 2 cars away behind me, he turned his head at me and gave me a salut then rocketed away to disappear in like 3 seconds. I was already at 120mph when he did that. Insane.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C250 Coupe
Don't feel bad, bro... Even supercars have a hard time keeping up with the acceleration of a bike.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 AM

'05 C230 Kompressor Sedan
Originally Posted by AMG_BENZ
That thing can go 200mph+ easily.
Not quite, though most of them can do 160-170 easily. Not many produciton bikes will do over 200. The Hayabusa, jet bike, or Dodge Tomahawk are about the only three that will do it in stock setup. Some of the others will with some "work" done to them. But for your average crotch rocket you see on the street, expect a top speed of around 165, depending on make/model/brand/size etc.

The most important factor is the rider. I beat a 1999 Ninja ZX6 600cc (90hp) sport bike in 2/2 races from 0-80mph in a bone stock 1998 Nissan Maxima (190hp). With that power to weight ratio, there is no way that should have happened, but they guy just couldn't ride a bike. I owned the exact same bike at the time, even the same color, and I knew it should have been a massacre. But, some folks don't have the skills.