Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Killed a 335i

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle
Originally Posted by HWYSTAR
Ok I'm new here and have only had my 2001 CLK 430 for three days, I have been around,driven,and even worked on lots of different cars in my lifetime. Owned several fast cars, fox body stangs,camaros,even had a chrysler conquest tsi. But this afternoon on my way in to the plane in my new to me ride, a 2004 GTO, that was most definitly modded as it was loud enough to here with the windows up and stereo on followed me onto the freeway. now GTO's are respectable cars, fast and loads of power to start off with. As i have never owned or driven one of these CLK 430's before I figured I was toast as I know the GTO. Boy were both of us wrong. Starting from a 50 roll we both took off, yes he was very loud and got at least 1 to 1 1/2 lengths on me from the start. But from my surprise as well as his this car started to pull unlike any car i have ridden in or driven,minus the GT40 I did a 5k maint on when I still worked for a ford dealer as atech. After 110 he had no chance and when I looked in the rearview he was as they say bus lengths behind and she was still pullin hard. so I am also curious about this so called pulling hard at high rpms here. I wonder can anyone clearify, this is a Benz forum right? Or did I just sign up for the wrong one.
Yes, your at the right Benz forum. Welcome to the club, although I just joined not too long ago either...
Old 01-23-2020, 07:09 PM

2010 CLS 550 AMG Package
I ran against a G37 GT in my 2011 CLS550 and took him 3 times with no problem. We finally met at a light and he asked me if I was spraying on him LOL. I only have KN Filters and take good care of my car, It was all in good fun. He did get off then line hard, My view is the torque of the 550 is what got him, anyway just my .02 cents worth

Old 10-09-2020, 08:44 PM

c55
Don't know about that I raced a pl g37 a few times

Originally Posted by 1GANGCOP1
I ran against a G37 GT in my 2011 CLS550 and took him 3 times with no problem. We finally met at a light and he asked me if I was spraying on him LOL. I only have KN Filters and take good care of my car, It was all in good fun. He did get off then line hard, My view is the torque of the 550 is what got him, anyway just my .02 cents worth
ilike title says raced a pl g37 few times. Slow car n my stock c32 and it wasnt even a race like 3 car lengths from a dig and roll. C32 wins agaim