Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C230K SS Vs Mazda 3 Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2011 | 06:52 AM

Kompressor Sport Sedan 05 M271
Arrow C230K SS Vs Mazda 3 Speed

So tonight me and my friend Esteban were both driving home along side eachother, I'm in the benz, hes 3speed. We passed a big crime scene with 6 cops and decide to drive slow and check it out. Nothing cool to see, We continue about another mile down the road. We were coming closer to his street, ( he would turn right to get home, id continue straight for some time ). He revs his mazda at the last red light, gives me the look.. Im thinkin k i'm probly getting smoked.. C230k isnt quick but what the hell. I turn of traction control and put it in shift mode.

Light changed and we both floor it, Today was the first rain in some time so both of our tires were sputtered a bit, i actually had about a car length on him till 50mph and then he pulled closer on me and slowly crept to about 1/2 car length in front of me. At this point were at about 70mph on a 45 street, I glance at my rear view... no lights.. we go for a bit more and we both slightly slow down to make eye contact. I glance at him, He grins and blasts past me, I try to catch up but then I check my rear view again.. Woop Woop I can see the cop headlight shape , he doesnt turn on his red and blues though.

I hit my brakes and slow to 50 quickly, My friend however didnt see the cop and continued to speed up, He made a quick right turn on his street and I see the cop swerve from behind me and go after him. Maybe the cop thought he was trying to get away

I'm thinking ****.. sucks for him! I really felt bad and knew there were a bunch of cops in the area, I drove home quick and waited for his call.

He ended up getting let off somewhat because it was so late(no cars) and he was across the street from his house. They just gave him a speeding ticket saying 55mph in a 45 zone and told him to drive safe.

I still feel guilty, Ill take him out to lunch. He wanted an exhaust now he has a ticket im bummed for him. But hell weve been doing this for years back when he had a civic down the same road, bound to happen one day
Old 03-01-2012 | 12:05 PM

2001 C320
It's alright bro. 10 mph over the limit isn't to bad. Even when I got a ticket for going 81 in a 65 it was only 195$ take him out
To lunch and call it a day.
Old 03-03-2012 | 04:41 PM

CLK550
If Esteban just barely beat you, then he might want to consider investing some time in learning how to drive his car. The turbocharged Mazdaspeed 3 should walk you hard. Nice job holding him off for as long as you did, but that was more a case of bad driver than anything. There are some nice mods out there for those cars that can make them surprisingly quick.
Old 03-16-2012 | 02:33 PM

Kompressor Sport Sedan 05 M271
Originally Posted by Benzos4theteam
It's alright bro. 10 mph over the limit isn't to bad. Even when I got a ticket for going 81 in a 65 it was only 195$ take him out
To lunch and call it a day.
his ticket was over $300 but he was going about 70-80 in a 45
id say he got lucky!!

things evened out since then I got into an accident lol

Originally Posted by RedBull
If Esteban just barely beat you, then he might want to consider investing some time in learning how to drive his car. The turbocharged Mazdaspeed 3 should walk you hard. Nice job holding him off for as long as you did, but that was more a case of bad driver than anything. There are some nice mods out there for those cars that can make them surprisingly quick.
He DOES walk over my car each time. That night he was a little hesitant to floor it im sure. That was also when his car was stock, hes added a few mods since then.

On a typical straight run he always has about 2 cars on me, and pulls away, but over 100mph I feel my car can keep up with his easily.

I wouldn't say its the driver, we are equally matched but his car is manual vs my auto trans

I need a faster car
Old 03-20-2012 | 02:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by harrison1277
I need a faster car
All that plasti-dip's weighing you down.

I'd never race him again - you did as well as you'll ever do against him; quit while you're kind of ahead.
Old 04-30-2012 | 04:17 AM

2005 C230 Sedan 6spd
Good race, those Turbo Mazdas are pretty quick