Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

'02 C32 vs '13 Hyundai Genesis 3.8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, E93 M3
'02 C32 vs '13 Hyundai Genesis 3.8

My little brother picked up the new Genesis coupe a few months back and has been wanting to race me in both my cars ever since. I finally obliged to a roll race first in my modified '05 Ford Focus but most recently, I both roll raced and raced him from a dig in my C32.

He's a cheap shot racer as he'll always jump no matter what- it pisses me off but he thinks its funny and will still consider them to be legitimate races when he does so. Either way, it hasn't worked in his favor, yet. In my C32, we raced from about a 40mph roll (he was about a car and a half back and floored it). I waited until he was at my back bumper coming up on decently quick and I floored it to make it as "fair" as possible since he can never seem to line up properly. I stopped him from pulling once we were door to door and I started to slowly pull away once we were in the 70mph range, got up to about a full car on him by the time we hit 100. We repeated the race again but with a slightly better line up this time (he still jumped) and I pulled slower this time. We were almost even. Mind you, this is in 105-110 degree weather. Later, we line up from a dead stop. I roll the window down and have my passenger yell out the count. He actually doesn't jump this time and I get him off the line very easily- I have between one and two carlengths on him by 60mph.

As far as racing him in the Focus, I roll raced him from about 50mph and had about 2 or more bus lengths on him by 125, again, he jumped after the first honk but it didn't matter for more than a couple seconds.

My C32 has a 181 pulley and tune, his is the stock 345HP motor.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Jumping has become a serious problem in street racing, lol. We need to build some kind of street tree to prevent it. We have the technology!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:13 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
^^^