Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Got into it with a Caymen s & Subaru WRX sti Hatchback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E55 AMG
Got into it with a Caymen s & Subaru WRX sti Hatchback

Today at lunch I was going east on Sunland BLVD when a Subaru blasted by me closely followed by a new Porsche Cayman S. Seeing that we were pretty much the only ones on the road I stomped on it to see if I could catch them. This road has soem sweeping turns which I knew I would not be able to hang but it also has some nice straights so I just wanted to see if I could catch them. To my luck, they hit a stoplight shortly after i jumped on it so i caught them at the light. The Suby was in the left lane with the Cayman right behind him so I rolled up next to them in the right lane. I was unsure at first if the Suby was going to launch on the green so I hesitated. I turned off the traction control and as the light turned green I slowly started to take off then I heard him smash it. I imidiately adrenlin launched but luckily i was already rolling so not too much wheel spin. I jumped out and by second gear I was slowly pulling away. By around 70 i was about 2 and a half cars in front with the Porsche nowhere in sight. I think he was still back behind the Suby but not far.
We came up on a 45 mph left so I slowed and the Suby passed me but not standing on it anymore, meanwhile the Cayman shot behind me and stayed there until i was about to turn onto the freeway on ramp. He scooted over to the left lane and sped up. Once beside me, we gave each other the thumbs up and smiled. he then sped up to catch the Suby as I turned onto the freeway.

Anyway, Im thinking the Suby was trying to pick a fight with the Porsche when I rolled up and I got them both. Was pretty fun.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
Great kill! Got them both at the same time!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
sounds like you gave them a taste of 390ft/lbs of torque
Old 01-14-2013, 09:14 PM

Vehicle
Nice kill, but it kinda reminds me of my last "encounter." I say "encounter," since I did not race, but rather speed up slightly. A Porsche Cayman S (1st Gen.) and a BMW 3 series (I couldn't tell the model) were racing and weaving at usually high speeds. I had the urge to push my v8 bi-turbo, but I just didn't want to push the car (had only 120 miles on it...).
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 PM

03 Nissan Altima 2.5S, 07 MB GL450
Originally Posted by Agent 1
Nice kill, but it kinda reminds me of my last "encounter." I say "encounter," since I did not race, but rather speed up slightly. A Porsche Cayman S (1st Gen.) and a BMW 3 series (I couldn't tell the model) were racing and weaving at usually high speeds. I had the urge to push my v8 bi-turbo, but I just didn't want to push the car (had only 120 miles on it...).
If they were stock, my money is on you overtaking them too with relative ease.