Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C55 vs. Audi A6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 11:08 AM
moomeh

why is it being sold for 10k, i thought maybe a bit more since this is a 'rarity'....
Old 09-08-2003, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Re: I think you really, really ought to practice what you preach, and read my posts:

Originally posted by Improviz
From your very first post, you were bragging about how you had kept up, even up through your third, wherein you again implied that your car wasn't THAT far behind...8-9 car lengths at 115-120mph is almost on his a$$ in traffic., and posted the weight/hp of both. Again, implying that this was a true race, (which you *now* freely admit it was not), just as you did in your first post, when you said Not too bad for an outta shape heavyweight, grocery getter eh?. You also made the a point of mentioning that your car was "bone stock".

I again ask: if your intention wasn't to try to make people think you'd done a better job keeping up with him than would be physically possible for your car, then exactly what was it? I understand that you also were heaping kudos on his car, which is fine and dandy, but it certainly doesn't change the fact that you also made this implication, in more than one post. If he wasn't really racing you, what bearing does the relative position of your car to his have?? Why did you make the "not bad" claim?? What relevance does the fact that your car is "bone stock" have? I would really, really like to hear you answer these questions and explain to all of us what, exactly, you were trying to imply by going to the trouble to raise these points.

But you will note, that before this, I said nothing. The first post I chimed in was the following:

Did you happen to catch the phrase grey market car? Perhaps you are unfamiliar with this phrase?? It means a car imported outside of normal circles, i.e., rather than implying you were "seeing things", I admitted that it was a possibility!! I did make a JOKE, hence the smiley face, about there also being a possibility of your having poor eyesight, but you don't seem to have much of a sense of humor, so I'm not surprised that you didn't catch that.

My second post came after you'd gotten all testy when someone pointed out that in a 60-120 mph race, a C55 would be 80-90 carlengths ahead of you, again putting a smiley face, which FYI in Internet-speak generally means "I'm using *humor*" (I would assume that this is obvious, but you don't seem to realize it). In response, you jumped down his throat in a tirade, making defensive, snide remarks:

A few facts: 1) NOBODY had made a derogatory remark about your car before this; 2) NOBODY had made any claims of MB "superiority", or in any way implied anything about your car, OTHER than the two salient facts, which are both TRUE, namely that A) the C55 was never sold "officially" in this country, and B) a true C55 is *significantly* faster than your car, & that a 9 carlength distance from a rolling start 60-120 run seemed far short of what one would expect in such a race.

So, what do we get in response? Your acting, absurdly, as though WE were coming off as though we were a superior form of life, calling our posts a "waste of text", etc...in response to what? A few jokes and truthful observations??

It was only after this ridiculous outburst that I pointed out, accurately, that the margin of victory you were claiming was unreasonable given the performance capabilities of these two cars. I was polite, and illustrated my point with factual presentation, using documented performance results for the two vehicles. Your response: more hostility, accusing me of not reading your post, and "eating feet". So, finally, I decided to have a bit of fun with you, since imo you had resoundingly earned a bit of hostility by this point.

And you claim we're hostile? Get a clue. You are the person who started the hostility, and maintained it. Big surprise that people returned some of it your way...if you start slinging sh*t around, don't be surprised if you get hit by some.

The point is, you first came in here trying to make it sound like you'd kept within 9 carlengths in a 60-120 mph run with a Benz which was never sold legally in the US, when simple math shows that the victory in such a race would be far, far greater than that, and lo and behold (gasp), a few of us smug, superior, arrogant Benz owners had the audacity to actually raise *questions* about these claims!!

It was only *AFTER* the absurdity of your nine carlengths claim was pointed out that you admitted that it wasn't really a race, which showed that your earlier "not bad" and "bone stock" claims to be absurd, which is probably what set you off.

And even now, you continue to make rude, derogatory remarks about anyone who dares to agree with me being "on my nuts"...you really, really need to grow the hell up.

Lol, thank you for writing all that, it's what i was thinking, but did not feel like writing so much. Well said!
Old 09-10-2003, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 C55
The C55

Someone sent me an email to this link and I'm certainly surprised to the attention this car has drawn since it rolled out of our place. The car in question is a C43 that had an S55 AMG motor installed. I was not present at the race and will not comment on what happened. As far as I'm concerned, this car roars like a monster.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
perhaps all this was a publicity stunt to give the car more exposure. After all, it is for sale on ebay!

but going back to the point.... auditude is full of **** !

and thats why he says i'm all over his nuts, cause i'm trying to squeeze it all out of him! COME ON auditude.... PUUUSH!!!!!!!!!!!