Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Porsche Carrera 997 vs my E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Porsche Carrera 997 vs my E63

Im driving to Los Angeles from San Diego and this guy in a black Carrera comes up two lanes away and downshifts. He starts to rev his little car as I smile feeling bad for what i'm about to put him thru. I hammer it and thats all she wrote. I hit about 120 and slow back down to about 65.

He catches up and pulls next to me again. The guy down shifts, i look over and let him take off. I, again hit it and blow by him...again....NO COMPETITION!

After about a minute and me cruising at 65ish again, he caught up, I roll my window down give him the "nice try but you suck thumbs up." He looks over, nods his head and goes away.

My first official kill story.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Originally Posted by ab04rxteg
Im driving to Los Angeles from San Diego and this guy in a black Carrera comes up two lanes away and downshifts. He starts to rev his little car as I smile feeling bad for what i'm about to put him thru. I hammer it and thats all she wrote. I hit about 120 and slow back down to about 65.

He catches up and pulls next to me again. The guy down shifts, i look over and let him take off. I, again hit it and blow by him...again....NO COMPETITION!

After about a minute and me cruising at 65ish again, he caught up, I roll my window down give him the "nice try but you suck thumbs up." He looks over, nods his head and goes away.

My first official kill story.
Now throw in a curvy road and the story changes...

Nice kill.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Yeh, the Porshe driver ends up with a bad back.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Originally Posted by sound 8
I ran 997 911's, Boxster S's, and Cayman S's around Barber Motorsport for two days in 2010. Unlike other driving schools, you're in the car most of the time, very little bull**** lectures, so seat time is MOST of the time. Mine and my, then, 57 yr. old father's back felt fine after that and 27 holes of golf following the last day. Then he went back to the Masters class last year for another two days and another 18 holes, by himself, to do even more of it more intensely. He was, then, 59 yrs. old. No back problems to complain of. He's now 60 yrs. old, has owned his 997 C2S for 2.5 yrs., drives it 3 days a week (average is low due to Colorado climate + RWD + Z Rated Tires + his desire to keep it a nice car, not the car's comfort) and tracks it. He doesn't complain of back problems (and he most certainly would ***** about that to me). So I have NO idea how this is funny.

Last edited by davis449; 10-30-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Originally Posted by davis449
I ran 997 911's, Boxster S's, and Cayman S's around Barber Motorsport for two days in 2010. Unlike other driving schools, you're in the car most of the time, very little bull**** lectures, so seat time is MOST of the time. Mine and my, then, 57 yr. old father's back felt fine after that and 27 holes of golf following the last day. Then he went back to the Masters class last year for another two days and another 18 holes, by himself, to do even more of it more intensely. He was, then, 59 yrs. old. No back problems to complain of. He's now 60 yrs. old, has owned his 997 C2S for 2.5 yrs., drives it 3 days a week (average is low due to Colorado climate + RWD + Z Rated Tires + his desire to keep it a nice car, not the car's comfort) and tracks it. He doesn't complain of back problems (and he most certainly would ***** about that to me). So I have NO idea how this is funny.
I don't know why a 57 yr old in a sports car is "news". I'm 66 and still driving a shifter Kart in competition. Yea, it beats the hell out of me and I'm sore for days but, it's way to much fun to give up.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charger SRT-8
Originally Posted by sound 8
Uh, no.