Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

M5 Lawyer Tucks Tail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 10:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
M5 Lawyer Tucks Tail

Recently sold a business I owned and end up using a lawyer I know to close the deal. He's constantly bragging about his two M5's, one brand new and the other ten years old and modded. Well, as usual when dealing with lawyers, by the time we get to the closing we can't stand each other and are constantly bumping heads and arguing. At the closing itself, we get into a pretty good argument over his fees, (quoted one price and tried to charge three times that amount), and I flat out told him no way, I'll pay what you quoted and no more.

Long story short, I challenge him to one run against my stock E55, double or nothing on his fees against either of his M5's. Never saw a quicker dick tuck in my life. Had more excuses than a rabbi in a ***** house.

A month or so later, I find myself next to him at a light, roll down the window and gesture to him to go for it. He tucks again. What a wimp.

Last edited by speedpeddler; 11-09-2013 at 10:34 AM. Reason: unacceptable language.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
What a wimp... I am not sure what that guy's problem is...he is a disgrace..
Old 11-12-2013, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SL55
Like a good mouthpiece he was all talk...lol
Old 11-20-2013, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charger SRT-8
Modded the wrong M5.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:32 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Hey, let's not toss all lawyers under the bus. I always charge a flat-fee before accepting any case so there are no 'moving target' fees in my office. And while I love my Kleemann SL65, I know there are plenty of lighter, modded cars that can take her. I'm all thumbs up if someone has a genuinely quicker car. But no doubt, this guy is why there are literally shelves full of lawyer joke books at Border's. Next time you see him, give him a big THANKS from me for giving all of us a bad name! P.S. - E55 aint no joke ... I traded my Kleemann E55 to get the SL65 that I have since Kleemannized. Truth? I wish I had my E55 back.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
LOL! Thats great
Old 12-10-2013, 12:46 PM

2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Originally Posted by PDC
Hey, let's not toss all lawyers under the bus. I always charge a flat-fee before accepting any case so there are no 'moving target' fees in my office. And while I love my Kleemann SL65, I know there are plenty of lighter, modded cars that can take her. I'm all thumbs up if someone has a genuinely quicker car. But no doubt, this guy is why there are literally shelves full of lawyer joke books at Border's. Next time you see him, give him a big THANKS from me for giving all of us a bad name! P.S. - E55 aint no joke ... I traded my Kleemann E55 to get the SL65 that I have since Kleemannized. Truth? I wish I had my E55 back.
Truth be told, I still like the guy. Just a minor spat and we're both over it. Still, he won't run his M5 against my E55 which I figure is a drivers race and could go either way.

Always been my understanding that lawyers generally charge an up front fee because they know they will likely have trouble getting paid after the fact. Divorce lawyers in particular. LOL
Old 12-10-2013, 12:56 PM
PDC

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
My practice is limited to the zealous representation of those wrongly accused (criminal defense). Seems to support your theory regarding availability of funds as the case goes on!!!

LOVE the 68 camaro in your signature pic (and the Cobra too, of course). Big fan of late 60s and early 70s muscle. Spent last weekend at Mecum in Kansas City. Lots of nice driver quality muscle at surprisingly reasonable prices. Oh to have a stack of cash and empty bays in a climate controlled garage...
Old 12-14-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by PDC
My practice is limited to the zealous representation of those wrongly accused (criminal defense). Seems to support your theory regarding availability of funds as the case goes on!!!

LOVE the 68 camaro in your signature pic (and the Cobra too, of course). Big fan of late 60s and early 70s muscle. Spent last weekend at Mecum in Kansas City. Lots of nice driver quality muscle at surprisingly reasonable prices. Oh to have a stack of cash and empty bays in a climate controlled garage...
Thanks for the nice compliments on the cars. I'm most definately a muscle car kind of guy which is why I love my E55 so much. Best combination of comfort and power out there.

The Camaro was a father son project and my sons first car. Started building it when he was 15 and had it finished for the first day of high school. He drove it every day to school for four years. He's since upgraded to a Wipple blown LS3 and six speed with dual disc clutch, etc. It's a comfortable and fast street machine.

The Cobra is a Factory 5 I built because I wanted a race car I could drive on the street that would be close to my shifter Kart experience and it fits the bill very nicely. 473 HP and 2,200 lbs with me in it. It's not so much fast as it it quick. Real quick. My E will out run it over 100, (it's a brick), but its untouchable below that. Have never been pulled from a dig but somebody always wants to try. LOL