Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

2014 Stingray

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
2014 Stingray

Ok, not exactly a kill story but...

On a trip to Az last week my brother rented a stingray. He thought it was insanely fast. He lives in Oregon and has never ridden in or driven my CL, but he did drive my Lightning back when it was only making 618/662 RWHP/TQ. Anyway, I liked the vette, especially the HUD, handling, awesome burnouts (on Hertz's PSS tires), and hammer hard shifts. But as for power/ acceleration, well let's just say it felt like the 450/450 it makes. Even though it's lighter and more aerodynamic than my CL, I sure would like to catch one on the track/street.

The biggest problem with owning a CL65 is, now everything else sucks, LOL

Last edited by Dr Matt; 05-05-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 550
Originally Posted by Dr Matt

On a trip to Az last week my brother rented a stingray. He thought it was insanely fast. He lives in Oregon and has never ridden in or driven my CL, but he did drive my Lightning back when it was only making 618/662 RWHP/TQ. Anyway, I liked the vette, especially the HUD, handling, awesome burnouts (on Hertz's PSS tires), and hammer hard shifts. But as for power/ acceleration, well let's just say it felt like the 450/450 it makes. Even though it's lighter and more aerodynamic than my CL, I sure would like to catch one on the track/street.

Doesn't sound like a problem, just means you have good taste and not many cars on the street can whoop you.

Old 05-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Dr Matt

Argument #213 for not buying a hertz used car
Old 05-10-2015, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
Yeah, I know how I drive rentals so I'd never recommend anyone buy one. Hertz has some cool stuff in Phoenix though. Between my brother & I we have also rented a couple mustang GT 5.0's, a camero SS convertible, a challenger R/T, a C63, ATS, and now the vette. Of course we usually have 2 of these at a time so of course rental car races are a normal part of our trips there. The best was the look on his face when he had the Hertz Penske special edition 5.0 mustang and I had to rent the "boring 4 door sedan" one trip. He was grinning like a Cheshire Cat in the rental garage knowing he was going to whip me in our driving comparison, until I revved the C63. He suddenly had the look of a guy who just saw his unbeatable car get slapped. He immediately let out a "WTF"? & the rental agent responded, "oh yeah, the only thing we have that will beat that is the Ferrari & the vette". I just laughed since until that moment he had no idea what a C63 was so he was really gloating in the rental office as I was getting it.

Last edited by Dr Matt; 05-10-2015 at 02:07 AM.