Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

04 E55 vs 98 supra TT bpu+++ w/ Meth injection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
04 E55 vs 98 supra TT bpu+++ w/ Meth injection

Brother came over tonight to give me a ride to my E55 that was at our lending company warehouse. When he got here he was all smiles, almost drunkish smiley. All he could talk was how fast his car was running; he said drag radials hooked up good in a 20lb stab that put him in seat very good all the way to 7500 rpm redline.
When we left my house he asked if I wanted to drive I said NO.
Ha!! B.S. I said hell yea “Isle” drive this *****. Warehouse is only 3-4 miles away and I did not get a chance to hit it that hard but enjoyed the 6 speed. After getting my car out of the back, I asked if he wanted to do a little run, at first he was hesitant on the safe side but we said OK to one on way out.
I took lead to lot exit. On the way out I was able to get in one 2 second burn out and as turning out of entrance I did a small burn to get BFG drag radials warm (was good enough to get great traction w/traction control off).
As we pulled out to the right on to the straight street I tried to come to a stop but I could not get him to come to a stop but almost. I believe his clutch was out. We both hit it at same time I pulled him in 1st but he was right there at back door I felt him coming on and starting to pull thru 2nd he is still at my door as the pull stops supra shifts to 3rd . 3rd gear is hit hard and starts to come on hard again this time getting up to my front door and eagerly seeking E55 front fender pull stops as supra shifts to 4th then supra pulls to nose and nose. We are then at 115? Brother said he could not get into 5th ran out of road. We did 3-4 more runs with very similar results.

Supra is running 91 with methanol injection BPU++++ All if there are more. He is ready for single.

With 91 and no meth E55 pulls on Supra in all gears. With 104 & 91 mix we have same results as posted above. We have gone from 0-15- E55 cut off. He was ½-3/4 car ahead. But he has car tuned in a little leaner none.

I am posting this story here to ask if Renntech Pulley and ECU mods will be enough to correct my problem. Or should I also go get a supra so I can keep up. I f you can’t beat them join them??? I maybe able to hold Supra off in a ¼ mile but not one foot longer.

We will shoot a sweet video soon.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C200K '08
More and more each day the new E55 impresses me more
Old 05-30-2004, 06:48 PM

impressive story. that supra should put out at least 550hp.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Re: 04 E55 vs 98 supra TT bpu+++ w/ Meth injection

Originally posted by draggingcents2
Brother came over tonight to give me a ride to my E55 that was at our lending company warehouse. When he got here he was all smiles, almost drunkish smiley. All he could talk was how fast his car was running; he said drag radials hooked up good in a 20lb stab that put him in seat very good all the way to 7500 rpm redline.
When we left my house he asked if I wanted to drive I said NO.
Ha!! B.S. I said hell yea “Isle?drive this *****. Warehouse is only 3-4 miles away and I did not get a chance to hit it that hard but enjoyed the 6 speed. After getting my car out of the back, I asked if he wanted to do a little run, at first he was hesitant on the safe side but we said OK to one on way out.
I took lead to lot exit. On the way out I was able to get in one 2 second burn out and as turning out of entrance I did a small burn to get BFG drag radials warm (was good enough to get great traction w/traction control off).
As we pulled out to the right on to the straight street I tried to come to a stop but I could not get him to come to a stop but almost. I believe his clutch was out. We both hit it at same time I pulled him in 1st but he was right there at back door I felt him coming on and starting to pull thru 2nd he is still at my door as the pull stops supra shifts to 3rd . 3rd gear is hit hard and starts to come on hard again this time getting up to my front door and eagerly seeking E55 front fender pull stops as supra shifts to 4th then supra pulls to nose and nose. We are then at 115? Brother said he could not get into 5th ran out of road. We did 3-4 more runs with very similar results.

Supra is running 91 with methanol injection BPU++++ All if there are more. He is ready for single.

With 91 and no meth E55 pulls on Supra in all gears. With 104 & 91 mix we have same results as posted above. We have gone from 0-15- E55 cut off. He was ?3/4 car ahead. But he has car tuned in a little leaner none.

I am posting this story here to ask if Renntech Pulley and ECU mods will be enough to correct my problem. Or should I also go get a supra so I can keep up. I f you can’t beat them join them??? I maybe able to hold Supra off in a ?mile but not one foot longer.

We will shoot a sweet video soon.
Quick questions bout yer dr's. Do you drive on them everyday and how long do they last? What size tire you running? Thanks in advance
Old 06-09-2004, 01:29 PM

2005 E55
Dr's full time daily driver

Yes I run them all day. First set got 2500 miles out of them but I picked up road hazard and sliced one rear one so I replaced both new. I only got $5,000 out of stock ones and one did 2 1st gear burn outs with them other then that trackion control was on the enmtire time. Now with the DR"S I never have traction on and get little to no spin. I will never run anything different then the DR:S. They hook hook hook.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Re: Dr's full time daily driver

Originally posted by draggingcents2
Yes I run them all day. First set got 2500 miles out of them but I picked up road hazard and sliced one rear one so I replaced both new. I only got $5,000 out of stock ones and one did 2 1st gear burn outs with them other then that trackion control was on the enmtire time. Now with the DR"S I never have traction on and get little to no spin. I will never run anything different then the DR:S. They hook hook hook.
thanks fer the info...