Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Lexus LS430 vs. SL55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Lexus LS430 vs. SL55 AMG

This race, or semi-race, took place in Panama at around 1-2 am so the streets were clear.

I had just pulled out of a club with two other friends as passengers and i was driving at a quick pace (no traffic) going to drop off my buddies. As im driving i notice a beautiful SL55 AMG ahead (driving normal speed), so i floor the my lexus and pass the SL at a fast speed. I then slow down considerably to see if there is any reaction from the SL55... We then reach a stop light and i look at the SL55 and the guy looks at me. At this point myself and my buddies know what is about to happen and we are shaking with excitement and adrenaline. Light turns green and we both floor it, the SL55 had its traction control on but it still has some wheel spin and does a small burn out while its tail zig zagged with fury. It immediatly takes the lead but not as much as you would expect. We are now flying down an empty 4 land road within the city and im goin at about 130kph at this point and he is goin faster (maybe 160)... The SL55 has a considerable lead but to my amazement i kind of keep up with him. We then reach a traffic light and he runs it and takes a right turn, i follow and do the same. At this point my Lexus looses some distance cuz its high speed cornering isnt as good as a SL55. We are now on a two lane road (each direction) and there is now some traffic and i start zigg zagging like a real champ to try to keep up with this german beast.

Then in a very impressive (for me) but risky (not so much for the SL55 cuz of his speed) he opens wide into the oncoming traffic and what seemed to me but im not so sure, unleashed some NOZ and rocketed away from me as if he had a NASA rocket under the hood. At this point i wasnt going to do the same cuz i wouldnt be able to build the same speed as him so i just saw him dissapear into the night.

It was still a good race cuz racing a car like that is a real adrenaline rush and unique experience. My friends started teasing me after saying that i got my *** kicked by the dude in the Benz but i dont give a chit cuz u cant compare racing a LS430 with a SL55amg. Besides, i feel as if i won cuz just beeing able to keep up with a car like that for several miles is an achievement.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Ah, well nice try. Sounds like it was a fun race.

AMG power cannot be underestimated.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
The point at which he "took off like a rocket" was the first time during that "race" that the accelerator pedal of the SL touched the floorboard.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:22 AM

Nothing
Originally posted by Vomit
The point at which he "took off like a rocket" was the first time during that "race" that the accelerator pedal of the SL touched the floorboard.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Almost a Member!

During the entire race the SL had the accelerator to the max. I could hear it in the engine and see it in the distance. When he zoomed off like a rocket he was definatley using something cuz there was some light grey smoke (not that much but still visible) that was coming from his car.

Besides, the owner of the SL55 used to have a 1,000 hp Supra (unfortunately it blew up). And he is notorious for being a lover of the Noz...

Last edited by B. Datwani PMA; 06-08-2004 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I doubt he had NOS, he probably never pushed the pedal all the way, trust me i find myself doing that in my car a lot, so i cant even imagine in an SL55. There is soooo much power at hand that you dont "feel" the need to push it down. That car has 497Hp stock. By the way, are you in Panama the country or Panama City? Panama is a beautiful country
Old 06-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Almost a Member!

I am in Panama City, Panama. But i now study in Boston. Now I kind of think i know what happened. Before when we were on the 4 lane empty road straightaway i was flooring my Lexus (that car can haul lots of ***) and the SL55 was also flooring it, it probably seemed less than on the two land (some traffic) road cuz i wasnt flooring the car cuz i had to zig zag through traffic. But since the SL had opened wide onto the oncoming traffic lanes, the difference in speed and acceleration was greater. Plus im also guessin the noz helped. But noz or no noz the car flies and im glad to have raced it. I just hope that when i get a car in Boston in september i can race and have go´s with some of the members here and their fine AMG automobiles.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
I love the LS430 (and the SL55). Too bad it wasn't an SL500.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally posted by B. Datwani PMA
During the entire race the SL had the accelerator to the max. I could hear it in the engine and see it in the distance. When he zoomed off like a rocket he was definatley using something cuz there was some light grey smoke (not that much but still visible) that was coming from his car.
No he didn't

The little wheelspin he had was just a tap of the throttle.. he didn't gun it all the way.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:55 PM

If you heard the engine winding out, then he possibly could've been holding the gears with the + - manumatic selection..:p

Then again, I wasn't there, so I can't say. You experienced it, not me.

Whenever I see a car floor it, "poof" out comes a "little grey smoke" then it clears and you smell the raw gas and the arsehole who is trying to cut somebody off before a left lane merge.

BTW, do ANY of you guys race LEGALLY, lol?
Old 06-11-2004, 07:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NOS in an SL55?

nice race and I bet you loved the V8 rumble didn't ya?
Old 06-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Ive done a lot of racing and a lot of stupid **** in my time. Ive raced against pretty awsome cars, ive raced against pretty crappy cars. But i would have to say that racing against a SL55 AMG was probably one of the best races ever. The V8 rumble was amazing and just seeing a car of that caliber beeing taken near its limit was something undescribable. It was a total adrenaline high.

Iam just very very very glad that i had two of my buddies with me because whenever i tell people my story they all think im ********* them. Hell, if somebody told me that story i would also think its BS.

Last edited by otoupalik; 07-30-2007 at 12:36 PM. Reason: LANGUAGE - KEEP IT CLEAN PLEASE!
Old 06-11-2004, 01:08 PM
I1 ULOOZ