Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 VS. Mustang Roush

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 current, M5 Sold, C32 Sold, 330xi Sold
C32 VS. Mustang Roush

Going on 264E today I was on the HOV lane there was a bit of traffic so was just going with the pace when a mustang Mach 1 jumps on my *** he tries to pass me from the right, which I didn’t let him do... So I guess he got a little pissy once that happened he started to ride my *** so once I see an open stretch b4 the Lynhaven exit I had to pull up next to him... We both hit it at around 70mph and I pulled a CL to 80 after that.. whole way till about a 130 he was seeing C32 tail lights... I shut off since I guess he must have gave up after about 120 since I saw him probably 6 or 7 CL back

not sure what this means but it said Roush on the back instead of Mach 1.. don’t know much about mustang aftermarket tuners..

Last edited by vimzin; 07-29-2004 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:11 PM

Turbo Diesel
Posts like these make a person long for a C32. Nice kill.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
How could you see the back of his car since you were supposedly showing him your tail

Originally Posted by vimzin
Going on 264E today I was on the HOV lane there was a bit of traffic so was just going with the pace when a mustang Mach 1 jumps on my *** he tries to pass me from the right, which I didn’t let him do... So I guess he got a little pissy once that happened he started to ride my *** so once I see an open stretch b4 the Lynhaven exit I had to pull up next to him... We both hit it at around 70mph and I pulled a CL to 80 after that.. whole way till about a 130 he was seeing C32 tail lights... I shut off since I guess he must have gave up after about 120 since I saw him probably 6 or 7 CL back

not sure what this means but it said Roush on the back instead of Mach 1.. don’t know much about mustang aftermarket tuners..
Old 07-29-2004, 11:42 PM

06 E55 current, M5 Sold, C32 Sold, 330xi Sold
maybe becuase we ended up taking the same exit and he passed me after i took the exit..

edit it looks unclear the way i put " I shut down after seeing he gave up at 6-7 CL" Im assuming that he must have gave up at 120 and i stoped at 130 so not sure how many CL i had on him at 120 probally only 2-3 CL

Last edited by vimzin; 07-29-2004 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Cool, I didn't understand...Nice Kill

Old 07-30-2004, 03:00 PM

'97 MB E420 Sport/'88 MR2
A badge is just a badge. And, you said it's a Mach I...which is it? Very different cars.

A stock Roush is just cosmetics on a regular GT (or even a miserable rental car V6 )...unless it was a Roush Stage 3, then you'd probably have a hard time getting away from it.
For a C32, you should be racing '03 Cobras (apples to apples)...
Old 07-31-2004, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Stock to stock, the C32 will pull a Mach 1 fairly easily. My recollection from magazine tests is that the Mach 1 runs a high 13 at about 102 MPH. Modded, however, the Mach 1 can be a tough race. I dragged with one with my modded C32 at the Carlsbad Raceway last time out, and it was very close. He jumped me off the line (seems like everyone does!), but I reeled him slowly in after that, and beat him by about a car at the end of the quarter mile. Nice guy. . . chatted with him for a while later in the day. He told me that his Mach 1 had pretty extensive engine mods. I don't remember the specific mods exactly, but I do remember that it was not supercharged. He said that he had spent about $3,000 on the intake, exhaust, chip, and heads. He also told me that he could pull slowly on the new, supercharged Cobras, and that his best 1/4 time without slicks was a 12.8. Believable, since I also raced a stock supercharged Cobra (with slicks), and I was pulling on the Cobra at the end of the 1/4 harder than I was pulling on the Mach 1. Anyways, his modded Mach 1 seemed like a pretty cool setup, and probably more reliable than the supercharged Cobra. Moral of the story: watch out for modded Mach 1 Mustangs, especially if your C32 is stock!
Old 07-31-2004, 11:02 PM
Banned

1995 w140 s500
I am in love with c32 and c55..... all my freinds are like your crazy. no I'm not crazy c32 = sick amazing car + its a benz
Old 08-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
Originally Posted by vimzin

Must've been a Roush in looks alone...if it was a Roush under the hood, you wouldn't have had a chance.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Not necessarily. Roush has three different stages of tune:

They offer three flavors of 'stang: Stage I, Stage II, and Stage III. Stage I is basically a chip/exhaust package, Stage II adds suspension work and body kit, and Stage III adds the supercharger.

Even the Stage III has a spotty record with road tests: Car & Driver ran a 12.9@110 in their June 2001 test, while Road & Track only got a 13.6 sec@107 in *their* June 2001 test

So, if it was a Stage I or II, a C32 would've eaten its lunch. If it was a Stage III, it would be closer, but remember: the C32 has to be launched gently to avoid wheelspin from its skinny 245 mm rear tires and open diff, while the Roush can be launched agressively thanks to its solid rear axle (w/limited slip) and phat 295 mm rear tires, plus with a manual you gain a few tenths just by the drop-clutch launch.

Iow, a rolling start race would be much, much closer, because the Stg III would lose the huge 60' advantage its phatter rubber, limited-slip diff, and clutch-drop friendly manual tranny gain it . And depending upon which Roush tested was more representative of what they *really* run (an 0.7 difference doesn't exactly speak very highly of Roush's quality control), a C32 could quite possibly walk even a Stage III.

Roush info on the Stage xxx Mustang (click arrows to go to stg II & III)

Originally Posted by tuscanraider
Must've been a Roush in looks alone...if it was a Roush under the hood, you wouldn't have had a chance.

Last edited by Improviz; 08-02-2004 at 01:23 PM.