Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 Vs 475rwhp turbo 240sx

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars and boats!
C32 Vs 475rwhp turbo 240sx

Well, its been a while since I actually went out to a local street race that I didnt organize. I was a bit weary due to all the heat that has surrounded the Miami area this past year, but I was going to give it a shot anyways. First spot we went to got raided, thank God I parked at teh Gas station across teh street and just walked over to my car, went inside, grabbed some coffee, and then left.

We finally found a nice spot were a few of us met up and chilled for a bit. I was talking to my friend with a Nissan 240SX that he recently built the motor and dropped in a big turbo. After all the tuning, his KA24DE-T set-up put out 475rwhp at the dyno. Pretty impressive numbers if you ask me. On top of that, he had those new Mickey Thompson drag radials out back, which makes for no wheelspin.

After some BS talking we decided to go race, since I was on street tires and he was on DRs I asked for 1 and the hit, which he gave me. We went off and found a nice little strip about a block away.

We got to the spot and lined up for the first race. I took off very nicely, one of my better launches, with no wheelspin at all. 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear, I was clearly ahead, he was starting to make up ground by the end of 3rd gear but when he tried to go into 4th he messed up and missed 4th due to a pool stick he had in the car blocking his arm. We lined up again for a 2nd race. This time I took off with a bit more wheelspin but the car felt a bit faster. Again 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear I was ahead. He didnt mess up this time, went into 4th, started to gain (not as fast this time), but by 110mph I was still ahead by 2 cars and hit my hazards claiming victory.

Went back to the hangout spot, hung out for a bit and then I left home.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:40 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
Well, its been a while since I actually went out to a local street race that I didnt organize. I was a bit weary due to all the heat that has surrounded the Miami area this past year, but I was going to give it a shot anyways. First spot we went to got raided, thank God I parked at teh Gas station across teh street and just walked over to my car, went inside, grabbed some coffee, and then left.

We finally found a nice spot were a few of us met up and chilled for a bit. I was talking to my friend with a Nissan 240SX that he recently built the motor and dropped in a big turbo. After all the tuning, his KA24DE-T set-up put out 475rwhp at the dyno. Pretty impressive numbers if you ask me. On top of that, he had those new Mickey Thompson drag radials out back, which makes for no wheelspin.

After some BS talking we decided to go race, since I was on street tires and he was on DRs I asked for 1 and the hit, which he gave me. We went off and found a nice little strip about a block away.

We got to the spot and lined up for the first race. I took off very nicely, one of my better launches, with no wheelspin at all. 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear, I was clearly ahead, he was starting to make up ground by the end of 3rd gear but when he tried to go into 4th he messed up and missed 4th due to a pool stick he had in the car blocking his arm. We lined up again for a 2nd race. This time I took off with a bit more wheelspin but the car felt a bit faster. Again 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear I was ahead. He didnt mess up this time, went into 4th, started to gain (not as fast this time), but by 110mph I was still ahead by 2 cars and hit my hazards claiming victory.

Went back to the hangout spot, hung out for a bit and then I left home.

good kill. What kind of power do you have in your C32?
Old 01-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice write up. Do you have any pictures of the loser?
Old 01-03-2005, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by Erik
good kill. What kind of power do you have in your C32?
347rwhp!!! Due to RENNTech ECU, Pulley kit, and SL55 splitter!!! Not quite as much as the turbo 240 but Ive got more power low end and I can get the car to hook!!
Old 01-07-2005, 10:30 PM

ML350 '06
Good kill!

I've noticed that my car is noticeably quicker the 2nd time I launch from the 1st. It's like the car knows you're in race mode and is all ready for ya by saying..."ya think that was fast...try me now!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Nice Kill! I was actually in South Beach with about 9 friends for new year. I love South Bech!