Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32AMG vs. E39 M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 03:40 PM
av2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Talking C32AMG vs. E39 M5

This race was just posted at the C32 club. I am not the owner or driver of this car. Enjoy!

Posted by C32 AMG Driver on June 3, 2002, 1:35 pm

Okay, so I was heading home Sunday afternoon and I'm on the highway going about 60 MPH. I look in my mirror and see this black BMW M5 coming up on me at speeds that are close to 100 MPH. I start to speed up to match him but then I noticed he's slowing down to match me! Those "AMG" badges really do pick fights for you. Anyway, we are both doing about 70 MPH side-by-side when we tore loose. My car pulled away from him pretty cleanly. We only reached about 110 MPH and we had to slow for upcoming cars. We both quickly threaded the traffic and hit the accelerators again. He was right on my bumper at this point but in the other lane. This time we had a clear blast and I reached 135 MPH. I was a bit worried because I thought the M5 would have a clear advantage at over the double-nickel but he did not. I continued to dominate him and pulled 3 to 5 lengths on him by the time my speedo hit 135 MPH.
There was a sharp bend in the highway and we both slowed down to about 95 MPH and were even coming out of it. He accelerated before me and I jumped on it passing him slowly and putting him another 3 car lengths back before I saw 145-150 MPH on my speedo. He was still clearly losing ground ever so slowly. My exit was coming up (fast) so I exited and gave a wave. His windows were all blacked-out (seems to me illegally much) so I couldn't tell how many people were in his car or how upset he was at losing. I had one passenger in my car, items in the trunk, and a full tank of gas. So for those of you that worry that an M3 or M5 are a match for our cars, don't. The C32 clearly dominated a very fair race where I might have given him the advantage on paper. I would say there is one really depressed M5 owner in Seattle right now. Damn, I love the C32!
Old 06-06-2002, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Wow. Nice. C32's r soooooooooooooooo nice. Im so jealous.