M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Feeler: 2000 ML55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2005 | 05:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Arrow Feeler: 2000 ML55

Yes Folks I am thinking about parting with the ML... I have a lot invested in to this piece of artwork and its time I think about saving some money... I am looking to buy a house soon and its not gonna happen while I own this.

It is costing me somewhere around 1k a month to drive this car before I pay insurance!!! well here are the basic stats on it...

200 ML55 AMG
83,xxx miles, All maintenance since I have owned the vehicle has been done at my Step Dad's garage and some warranty work done at Herb Chambers in somerville MA will be getting a complete brake job soon(brakes and rotors), tires replaced last summer, have well over 80% of tread on them. Custom exhaust work done, best sounding ML Ive heard around...

Stereo equipment not included but can be purchased from me in which case I will leave it, in its existing condition... PM me with reasonable offers... You can find a million pictures or so on the forum of it and if those arent enough, check out my sound domain pics as well
Old 04-25-2005 | 05:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

I also have winter wheels with snow tires for sale and euro plate and lower chrome grill
Old 04-25-2005 | 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
A bit high on miles, mods detract from value and the fact that it has not been dealer serviced detracts from value.
Old 04-26-2005 | 11:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

I didnt say I was asking a ton for it did I? If interested PM me an offer. And as far as mods go, it would be brought back to stock condition, if asked, other than exhuast all will be removed and sold or used in my ML's replacement. I still have factory equipment that was removed, I spent too much on my aftermarket audio equipment to give it with the car. And you are right it hasnt been dealer serviced since I have owned it but I can provide more then enough records and receipts for MB parts to show the maintenance of the car while I have owned it...
Old 04-26-2005 | 08:29 PM

ML
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
I didnt say I was asking a ton for it did I? If interested PM me an offer. And as far as mods go, it would be brought back to stock condition, if asked, other than exhuast all will be removed and sold or used in my ML's replacement. I still have factory equipment that was removed, I spent too much on my aftermarket audio equipment to give it with the car. And you are right it hasnt been dealer serviced since I have owned it but I can provide more then enough records and receipts for MB parts to show the maintenance of the car while I have owned it...
I'm not in the market for a ML but just curious - did you buy it new or used? It has to do with the dealer maintenance (or absence thereof) thing. Also, I recall you had some ball joint problems and some other minor issues. Have they all been resolved? At your Step dad's? I think the ML55 is a great buy but potential buyers who have frequented this forum will like to know more.
Old 04-27-2005 | 02:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

here is the history of this ML... Its original owner was from the Weston, MA area... he is a customer of my cousin's gas station... He had it for three years, at the end of this time he turned it in to a Land Rover dealership for a trade in towards a 03 Range Rover... My cousin purchased it from the Range Rover dealership in early 03 and 6 months later I took over payments from my cousin. This was his thrid vehicle... his others were 99 CLK430 AMG and an 01 C320... he was getting married and decided he didnt need the car.

It has a production date of 06/2000... The ball joint problem you speak of Darkman wasnt actually a ball joint problem... it ended up being the common bushings problem to MLs. I have not yet repaired this as it stopped creaking, it only does it from late fall to late winter... The tires and wheels also spend there time indoors for the winter as I put snow tires and wheels on for winter months, so the tires I have mounted to the AMG wheels have not been driven on a lot as I use my supra more in the nicer months then I do in the winter months...