M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Anyone experience this?

Old 05-25-2005, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 E320 ML350
Anyone experience this?

Our new '05 ML 350 SE has developed this strange habit. On acceleration, the engine puts out this high pitched whine (like it wants to stay in first gear). You have to pull off the road, put it in Park and shift back into Drive for it to correct itself. It's been in the service dept. two times for this already. They replaced a computer module and some sensor. This is my wife's ride and I can't make it duplicate the problem. It's due in again tomorrow for the same problem. Anyone experience this? Any clue as to what's going on?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:32 PM

Nothing that I have heard of. Let me know what they find
Old 05-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 Kleemann ML43K
Your ML is going into limp home mode

Originally Posted by benzboy
Our new '05 ML 350 SE has developed this strange habit. On acceleration, the engine puts out this high pitched whine (like it wants to stay in first gear). You have to pull off the road, put it in Park and shift back into Drive for it to correct itself. It's been in the service dept. two times for this already. They replaced a computer module and some sensor. This is my wife's ride and I can't make it duplicate the problem. It's due in again tomorrow for the same problem. Anyone experience this? Any clue as to what's going on?
This happens to me at a stoplight when I put the ML in neutral to give my leg a break. Then when I shift into drive without putting my foot on the brake and then accelerate too fast [easy to do with my kompressor] it will stay in one gear [either 1st or 2nd not sure] until I let off the accelerator for several seconds [as everyone is passing me and giving me the finger] and coast and then it reverts back to normal gear changes without pulling over at all. I don't know where this sensor exists or why it exists but it has been mentioned many times on the benzworld.org board I frequent. Do a search there. It might help!