M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Retrofit SatNav to 2002 ML320

Old 09-26-2005, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retrofit SatNav to 2002 ML320

I'd like to retrofit SatNav to a 2002 ML320. I've taken out the radio that I currently have an it appears that there are a lot of additional (currently unused) cables in the wiring loom behind the unit which I assume are for SatNav. One looks like an aerial plug and another looks like an RJ45 socket. There are many others. Are these used for SatNav ? I'm assuming that when the car was built, it had a "standard" wiring loom included which allows for SatNav to be retrofitted without a significant amount of additional wiring.

My other question is what head unit(s) would be suitable for this car ? I've seen several different versions and want to know which would work. I'm assuming the answer is not just "any double-din" unit - it must be more specific. If anyone has any part codes for units which they know work on this model of car, I'd appreciate any posts.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-26-2005, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBs
You can just drop in a CD NAV or DVD NAV module into the top slot of your MCS. The GPS wire connects to the splitter which also connects the TeleAid to the rear NAV antenna. Here's some install info for a MY2001 which is similar (But has a different antenna with just one wire for phone and GPS, instead of two in the 2002s, one for GPS, and one for the cellphone.)

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/radio/ML_CD...l_Bulletin.pdf