M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

trunk door panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trunk door panel

does anybody know how to remove the panel on the trunk door on a 2001 ml320??
Old 10-29-2005, 12:24 PM

2011 C 300 4-Matic
Ok, if someone has some pictures ir even a written detailed set of directions, they should post them because I am only writing from memory. You will need to pull off the plastic cover over the 3rd brake light assembly on the inside. Just squeeze the sides of the cover pull towards you while rolling it downward. This is where pictures would help because its hard to explain but its really easy once you are actually doing it. Then there is a screw in the cover over the inside handle that will need to come out. Also remove that cover after taking the screw out. Then take the 2 plastic clips out that hold the panel up near the glass (one on each side). They are pretty small and easy to miss. Then if my memory is serving me right, the only thing left is to work your way around the whole cover and just pull it off. It will have a lot of the small plastic clips from behind that just pop into place like there are on a door regular door panel. If I forgot anything, someone can chime in but I think thats everything. Its harder to remember without having the car in front of me.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:58 AM

Hi,
try following link: www.leubner.com/w163/ , then go to the folder
"My Videos" and download the video file "Tailgaite Panel Removal.mpg".

Good Luck
George