M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Air-con Problems Now!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air-con Problems Now!!!

Hey everyone... again.... first the drop in fuel economy... and now the air conditioning... whats going on..?

Symptoms: IT DOESN't WORK!! if i do want it to work, i have to wait atleast 5-10 mins and it MIGHT SOMETIMES kick in and when it does, its not cold or hot. It just blows air...
i want know what this could be or else its pointless taking it to a mechanic or auto-electrician because they could very easily rip me off... they can inturn charge me $2-3000 to fix it when really it just needed gas refuelled...
Any clues guys cause im dieing down here in sydney, summers creeping in and we are already seeing 30 plus degree celsius temperatures.

Maxim
Old 10-30-2005, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Take it to the dealer or a good A/C shop. If you do not wish to do that just sweat!! There are lots of possible problems causing this and its almost impossible to diagnose on the web. If its low on gas, then you have a leak which must be repaired.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by ml4u2nv
Hey everyone... again.... first the drop in fuel economy... and now the air conditioning... whats going on..?

Symptoms: IT DOESN't WORK!! if i do want it to work, i have to wait atleast 5-10 mins and it MIGHT SOMETIMES kick in and when it does, its not cold or hot. It just blows air...
i want know what this could be or else its pointless taking it to a mechanic or auto-electrician because they could very easily rip me off... they can inturn charge me $2-3000 to fix it when really it just needed gas refuelled...
Any clues guys cause im dieing down here in sydney, summers creeping in and we are already seeing 30 plus degree celsius temperatures.

Maxim
Sounds like lack of refrigirant, but id take it to a Benz Dealership if you dont want to get ripped.