M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Need Instruction on Reinstalling rear cup holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Need Instruction on Reinstalling rear cup holder

I could see this coming a mile away and finally my kids managed to dislodge the rear cupholder. I haven't looked at it closely but seems like nothing is broken. The only loose parts are two circular drums/rollers, each having a wound metal spring around it. There is no indication as to the orientation of these springs or the drum assembly. Anyone have instructions on how to put these back in there, any pics? Thanks. Oh, BTW, can anyone give me a heads up on what they'll be breaking next??? Love them, but sometimes, boy....
Old 01-14-2003, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OH THOSE BOYS CAN PUSH MY BUTTONS

Darkmann... Did u ever get the cup holder back in? I have 2 boys and they just dislodged the rear cup holder? .... thanks .... BTW They're both in their rooms sulking because dad is in a bad mood.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:22 AM

ML
Nope, couldn't get it in. Took it into the dealership and they couldn't either. Had to order another one and was replaced under warranty. if you do order another one, make sure to keep the vinyl cover (there's a cover on the flat face). The new one doesn't come with the cover - or you'll have to buy the cover seperately. Oh, those boys!!! Got to give them a break though, it's pretty easy to kick on the cupholder and break the darn thing when it's just hanging there open!!!
Old 01-17-2003, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for responding you probably saved me a couple of hours of aggravation this weekend. I guess I'll order the part then have them install during my B service in 4000 miles. I just hope they don't gouge$$ on the part. The household was back to normal after dad figured of all the things that could possibly go wrong in life the cupholder probably is nothing to stress about. Thanks again .....
Old 01-17-2003, 12:10 PM

ML
I'm glad to hear that.