M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML 320 Stuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 320 Stuck

Hey guys! Needed to find a forum to help me with this. I get in my ML just like any other day, put it in reverse from inside the garage and nothing happens. So I give it a little gas, and I start hearing this screeching noise. None of the gears seem to move the car. Either in, "D", "R", or "N", even if I get out and push the car (when in "N" it doesn't budge). So then I thought, the parking brake but nope, that's off. The car has 29,XXX miles on it its a 2001 with no problems, except this one, my first. Checked everything on and around the car, thinking something is stuck, or in its way, but its all clear. It has full fluids, brand new tires, and is kept in my garage; basically its babied. I had a friend help me the other day, trying to figure what's going on, again, no luck. Upon him giving it a little more gas when in reverse, I noticed the brakes seem to be stuck or clamped down to the rotor; that's the screeching noise from earlier. I have no warning lights on the dash board and the car runs smooth, when its just idling. Does someone have an idea to what can be causing this? Or have some way of helping me, because the night because the night before I put her back into the garage, it ran like a champ, then I wake up to go to work and she doesn't want to go! He he... anyway, much help appreciated! Thanks fellas!

Last edited by Synikal; 12-25-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:00 AM

Received 111 Likes on 93 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
I'd get it towed to any local brake shop and have them look at it. I'd call AAA and tell them to all four wheels are locked so they bring the right tow truck. Don't want to risk them breaking whatever is locking your car up.

I would guess your brakes are stuck on your rotors or something.