M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

power lock problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question power lock problem

hey everyone
last week my remote key was working good and no problem at all within few second it stoped working. it won't open or lock any of the doors, so i used my other remote key and it work good for two days and stoped working now. i tried to program the keys as it show on the mb book the key will work once after the program then it won't work again. guys do u have any idea thank u in advance for ur help
jerry
Old 12-26-2005, 08:52 AM

Received 111 Likes on 93 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
This was the case for my friend as well. This is the W140 way, but doesn't hurt to try. Insert the key, turn on the car, roll down your drivers side window with all the doors closed. Then remove the key and quickly put your remote outside the window and hit "lock" then "unlock."

This solved his problem for about a month then went dead again. Reason? Faulty connections due to him dropping his remote a billion times. Order a new one if this happens for $100 a dealer.

A little trick that worked for me? I did my regular service then when they were about finished writing me up I said oh, order me a new key.

They added the order with no labor ($94). I picked up my car and my key later. I then asked the service guy to quickly program my key. This saves you $110 of one hour labor fees possibly.

ML's are the only ones that need to be programmed at the dealer (or atleast that's what the dealer wants me to know). I called before and they said it was about $200 for the key, so they were including labor fees. I walked away with a key for $94. So I reduced the dealer from stealing even more money from me.

This is a one time case, so not sure if it can work again. Doesn't hurt to try. I'd just use the key until you need MB service then try it out unless you really can't live without the remote functions.