M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

My ML hates me!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
My ML hates me!!!

Well after putting down a deposit on an E350 4matic lease to replace my ML, I decided to keep the 55, so in return my ML is pounding the ***** out of my wallet

WTF!!!

Ok so I knew I had an issue goin on with the power steering, and what I thought was a slipping transmission was really a broken motor mount. So I needed an allignment and went to go have it done yesterday, Im told my tie rods are pretty bad and need to be replaced before I get an allignment done... great, those are like 50 a peice, then Im out with my friends tonight...
Friend-"dude your head light looks like its out"
Me-"Nah no way, I just dont have my fogs on"(I always drive with my fogs on)
Friend-"I swear its out, pull over and ill check"

We pull over and sure enough its out At least it came back on later on in the night(Im thinking a bad ballast) but it could be the bulb, both headlights take in condensation

F@ckin A... My list of repairs is growing exponentially...
Power steering
Motor Mount
Rear Passenger's handle
Allignment
Headlight (ballast???)
Coming in the spring 2 tires to replace the one bald one and another
Shocks and springs because my ML has more bounce then a trampoline
brakes and rotors because they are almost worn out
Oil change and filter and air filter
Bad MAF
Need new Catalytic converters or O2 sensors

While I dont pay for labor Im still lookin at a pretty penny for parts, if anyone can give me an idea for quick fixes that would be great
-Pete
Old 12-31-2005, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by 55fanatic

and what I thought was a slipping transmission was really a broken motor mount.
Hmmmmm

Can you tell me what made you think "slipping transmission"? I'm starting to think there may be a growing problem with mine as well. Often times when I am coming to a stop I feel and hear a clunk type noise when she downshifts to 2nd or 1st. Don't notice it all the time. maybe this is a motor mount as well...please God let it be a motor mount.

Good luck with everything.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Pete sounds like most of your issues are of the preventative maintenance type that you chose to ignore rather than address.Sorry to hear about these issues - good thing is you're keeping the AMG !
Old 12-31-2005, 03:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Well after putting down a deposit on an E350 4matic lease to replace my ML ...
that was your mistake. AMG fairies would have repaired most of the problems like they did for me if it wasn't for that ... yuk yuk. Kid'n of course -- sorry to hear (even though you were ask'n me to buy it so they would have become my problems ! ). like dave says, spend a few thousand $ on maintenance ; bet it'll happily server you another 100K miles !
Old 12-31-2005, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 A6 3.0 TFSI
...Friend-"dude your head light looks like its out"
Me-"Nah no way, I just dont have my fogs on"(I always drive with my fogs on)...
Just a question...why do you drive with your fogs on all of the time? Do you feel the little bit of extra light is necessary? I've noticed an increased number of people driving with their fogs on constantly over the past few years when the conditions really don't call for it. It's rather obnoxious, especially when you've already got xenons (I can't notice much of a difference with the fogs on in either of my cars).
Old 01-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Well there are two reasons for it... I have my fogs adjusted to point down... my headlights illuminate the road ahead of me, the fog lights illuminate the ground imediatly in front of me, this aids me in avoiding monsterous pot holes at the last minute.

Most of these issues have showed there ugly head with in a relitively short period of time, other then the maintenance stuff... that is just bad timing

I think Im gonna be spending a week in the garage doing the work myself to get it squared away, sooner then later