M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Navigation - Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 ML 320, M1, M5, M7, Thanks to Arbonne International
Navigation - Warranty

I recently bought my first MB...2002 ML 320...and all the information within (w163) was tremendously helpful! Much Thanks!

I purchased my ML from a MB dealer in TX (wife is picky...finding a white ML with jump seats, heated seats, bose, entertainment system, nav,etc, isn't easy). The dealer couldn't get a nav CD for me for Colorado but he recommended I take the ML to the MB dealer in Denver as soon as I get back. With it being under warranty, he recommended I tell them the nav was not working correctly and they would probably replace with a new dvd nav system. Has anyone heard of this happening?

Jeff
Old 01-10-2006, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by jdeclue
I recently bought my first MB...2002 ML 320...and all the information within (w163) was tremendously helpful! Much Thanks!

I purchased my ML from a MB dealer in TX (wife is picky...finding a white ML with jump seats, heated seats, bose, entertainment system, nav,etc, isn't easy). The dealer couldn't get a nav CD for me for Colorado but he recommended I take the ML to the MB dealer in Denver as soon as I get back. With it being under warranty, he recommended I tell them the nav was not working correctly and they would probably replace with a new dvd nav system. Has anyone heard of this happening?

Jeff
Thats really a fraudulent method of trying to get a free CD. Why not just spend a few bucks and buy one. Perhaps you would rather lie about it and make yourself unwelcome at the dealership when you get caught. The person you purchased the ML from should supply it if its part of the deal. Now that he has requested that you lie how honest has he been about the ML????
Old 01-10-2006, 03:44 PM

2002 ML 320, M1, M5, M7, Thanks to Arbonne International
I already have a CD purchased and being shipped to me...I'm just trying to find more information on how MB service typically works in regards to warranty issues. This statement seemed odd to me as well coming from a MB dealer.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by jdeclue
I already have a CD purchased and being shipped to me...I'm just trying to find more information on how MB service typically works in regards to warranty issues. This statement seemed odd to me as well coming from a MB dealer.
Yes it was very odd, most likely came from a salesman who could be classified as a loose cannon. Warranty is very good and generally handled very well. You also should have free maint during the warranty period which includes all inspections per the booklet and most everything except brakes, alignment, tires, etc. Your warranty on an 02 should be over soon so keep your eyes and ears on the vehicle to see if anything is needed before the warranty expires. I had an 02 ML500 and I did enjoy that vehicle.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:06 PM

I had my system replaced AFTER my warranty expired and it was done gratis (good will) since my service advisor went to bat for me with the rep that was in town that day. As for them replacing it with a DVD system I didn't push it and they didn't offer. Besides I had just purchased an entire set of new CD's since I was going on a X-Country trip and didn't want them to go to waste

Turns out I ended up selling the ML for a Cayenne (got a deal I couldn't refuse on a new one) and now the discs are just sitting in my office