M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

1998 ML320 rear rubbing noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
1998 ML320 rear rubbing noise

All of a sudden tonight I began hearing a sound from the rear driver's side of the car. It only happens when the steering wheel is turned all the way to the right and the car is moving faster than a crawl. The sound isnt a clunk or anything but just sounds like somthing is rubbing against something plastic. I had someone drive it slowly when the steering wheel turned all the way to the right and couldnt see anything rubbing like the tire with the bumper or even inside the wheel well. Any help or thoughts on what the problem what the problem could be would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 RX 350 F Sport, 2007 Scion tC, 2000 ML 430 Money Pit Finally Gone! Oh Happy Day!
Originally Posted by blazinginder
All of a sudden tonight I began hearing a sound from the rear driver's side of the car. It only happens when the steering wheel is turned all the way to the right and the car is moving faster than a crawl. The sound isnt a clunk or anything but just sounds like somthing is rubbing against something plastic. I had someone drive it slowly when the steering wheel turned all the way to the right and couldnt see anything rubbing like the tire with the bumper or even inside the wheel well. Any help or thoughts on what the problem what the problem could be would be GREATLY appreciated.
Mine made a rubbing noise a couple years ago and it was the worn out brake pads rubbing the rotor. No warning light came on. Just my 2 cents.