M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

help for power lock problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help for power lock problem

hey everyone
i post a topic before about having a problem with my keys. both keys wont open or lock the car i went to the dealer and they check my both keys and they tried to reprogram it on the computer to work again but it didnt work. they said that they have to put it on the computer to figure out whats wrong and they said there is two things might be cuzing the problem. 1_both keys just stop working in this case i have to order 2 new keys. 2_they said the computer or the system on the car for the power lock broke down and that's why it wont work when i try to lock or unlock with the key. do u guys have any idea about the power lock system or computer inside the car and how much it coast around to fix for ml 430. thank you in advance
jerrym
Old 01-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 ML430
Ha you're in luck!

Exact same thing happened to my ML430 last May...took it into my MB dealer and they thought it was the keys at first and ordered me new keys and it wasn't. turned out the computer was dead, and it had to be replaced, which is behind the radio area, they have special keys that lock into the two small slots on either side to pull it out to replace it...cost? Some $2500! I didn't pay this though cos I had extended warranty on my truck...all I paid was the $200 deductible...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 ML 320
Extended warranty

My car is about to be out of warranty (in 300 miles). Does anyone know if the extended warranty can be added at this point? If so, how much?