M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Disconnected VCR, Reconnected and wont work!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Disconnected VCR, Reconnected and wont work!

Earlier I made a thread about my Mercedes Entertainment System on my Mercedes. I Disconnected my VCP and simply reconnected it, the lights dont know to show me that the Power is connected, power wont turn on, and I simply connected the one Main wire and and sliced and lock it in. I did this to see what kind of wires are behind this unit. I reconnected it now to use it (took it out of my car for the night, put it back in few hrs later) and now it wont work. When i flip down my Monitor it flashes diff colors like and my main flip down screen WILL NOT TURN off. I turn off the car, and lock it and it still wont shutdown, or atleast work!

Please help, also cause I want to connect, and I hope this will not drain my battery.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
W163 W164 R230
Two things I recommend trying (I know you don't have a DVD Player)

1. Initialize DVD Player (simply plug your DVD harness plug into the VCP player). Then put it back into the original VCP connector!.

2. Remove the VES fuses. Verify they are not blown! Passenger footwell!
Attached Thumbnails Disconnected VCR, Reconnected and wont work!-fuse-holder.jpg   Disconnected VCR, Reconnected and wont work!-initialize-dvd-player.jpg  

Last edited by pleubner; 05-20-2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think you undertstand, besides the fact my VCP Player wont turn on. My Monitor is acting wierd, it wont shut off even if the car is off. All it does it flicker and change diff color boxes in the screen. Atleast if I disconnected the VCP from the car and unplugged that one simple wire, my monitor would shut off, or allow me change the input from VCP to AUX, but it wont let me do anything, it wont even turn off (even when the Vehicle is turned off).

Also I don't have a clue what this diagram is for, I dont think theres a need for changing the fuse, it worked last night fine, and all I did was disconnect the 1 plug under the seat, and lifted the hatch.

PLEASE HELP

Last edited by Benzlova; 05-20-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
W163 W164 R230
I had that effect when I first connected (retrofitted) my VES... I did the DVD reset , it then worked normally.

The diagram is to show you the location of the fuses!. SO YOU CAN REMOVE THEM AND THEN RE-INSERT THEM ..... A RESET! IF A FUSE IS BLOWN YOU MIGHT JUST GET THE EFFECT YOU ARE HAVING!.

The DVD initialize (even if you don't have one) , just might do the trick of reseting the VCP connector cable!. I remember doing this also when I had the different colors ......

The 2 procedures I listed are the initial setup for the VES , and could give you a way of re-initializing the VCP Player!...... It is quite likely that your VCP is in sleep mode! .... The going off of the monitor might just be a reaction to recognizing the sleep mode of the device that is attached ..... that is why I suggested the the DVD reset with the VCP connected to DVD harness.

You should have a second connector where your VCP plug (I guess this is the simple wire you mentioned) . One is red, the other blue.

Again! the 2 steps I listed are a suggestion to get the VCP device reset! and the monitor off the main power of the vehicle. (hopefully to also re-initialize the monitor).

The Idea is to pretend you have just installed the whole setup from scratch, and are about to commission it!.

Last edited by pleubner; 05-20-2006 at 02:53 PM.