M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

New owner needs help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 320
New owner needs help!

Hi all,

I recently purchased my '02 ml 320 and have found it to be great, however after a few miles i noticed a strange noise coming from the back of the central armrest. The noise, which is a loud humming with some rattling and a little vibration, is becoming quite annoying as i have used the switch to turn off all the cars air flow yet it seems to switch itself on and off whenever it wants and can last for 5 minutes. Sometimes it comes on randomly and there is air coming out the back air vents and other times its on but no air is flowing.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it or at least tell me what it does?

Also the ash tray comparment doesnt open when pushed, and can pop out randomly.... does it need fixing?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Dungaman; 05-20-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Originally Posted by Dungaman
Hi all,

I recently purchased my '02 ml 320 and have found it to be great, however after a few miles i noticed a strange noise coming from the back of the central armrest. The noise, which is a loud humming with some rattling and a little vibration, is becoming quite annoying as i have used the switch to turn off all the cars air flow yet it seems to switch itself on and off whenever it wants and can last for 5 minutes. Sometimes it comes on randomly and there is air coming out the back air vents and other times its on but no air is flowing.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it or at least tell me what it does?

Also the ash tray comparment doesnt open when pushed, and can pop out randomly.... does it need fixing?

Thanks in advance.
Man, I wish I could recall all the details, but I remember a similar issue posted at another site and there were some interesting disgnoses. See the private message I just sent you.