M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Aftermarket 17" rims?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket 17" rims?

Hi guys,

Seeing that the release of the new ML over here in SA has knocked the value of my 2002 model for a grand slam homer - we (my wife and I) have decided that since MB sell this car as a 4x4 we are indeed going to use it as a 4x4 and a such we are going on a trip from SA up through Botswana and Zambia and back down through Namibia (roughly around 7500 km's). Obviously being in deepest darkest Africa the roads are of such a nature that should a giraffe fall into one of the potholes, you would be able to look at him in the eye...lol.

Now we will be towing an off-road trailer with all the odds and sods but as you all know the ML500 comes with this really crappy spare wheel which would battle on a shopping cart to be honest. So I basically need two spare 17" rims on which i can fit two of my best old tyres as I am getting new Michelin Cross Terrains fitted.

Nowthe question is.....any suggestions on how to obtain spare rims and where I should look ?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
best bet is ebay. Since you are over seas you can try ebaymotors german site they have a ton of stuff for the ML and should be able to pick up some cheap ML rims. But make sure you check with the seller before bidding if he will ship them to your location. But in most cases shipping is going to cost more than the rims, so you might want to calculate rim cost and shipping cost and see if it is still cheaper than just buying new rims from the dealer.