M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Air conditioner drain . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 Cooper S (I drive everything)
Air conditioner drain . . .

Where the heck is that thing? I'm sure mine's clogged up somewhere. Can I clean it out from the underside of the vehicle or is it easier to go from the interior? I know it's not a sunroof drain that's getting my feet wet. It hasn't rained here in months. I just bought this and after driving around a bit, there's water on my feet. Seems to slosh to both sides of the front footwells. No bad smell yet, but if I don't figure this out, I'm sure mold will grow eventually. I have a long skinny brush that I use for cleaning out the hose on my camelback that I'm sure would clean the pipe out, if I can locate it of course . . .

Help!

Gar

biggar@***.net

Old 10-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 ML270
Originally Posted by BigGar
Where the heck is that thing? I'm sure mine's clogged up somewhere. Can I clean it out from the underside of the vehicle or is it easier to go from the interior? I know it's not a sunroof drain that's getting my feet wet. It hasn't rained here in months. I just bought this and after driving around a bit, there's water on my feet. Seems to slosh to both sides of the front footwells. No bad smell yet, but if I don't figure this out, I'm sure mold will grow eventually. I have a long skinny brush that I use for cleaning out the hose on my camelback that I'm sure would clean the pipe out, if I can locate it of course . . .

Gar

biggar@***.net

It is easy enough to find if you first remove the cabin air filter, you can see the pipe (which on my right-hand drive ML is on the passenger side), you can remove the pipe and either blow through it or find some more hygenic method of clearing/testing it.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:44 PM

2007 Cooper S (I drive everything)
Thanks Marcel. I dove in this afternoon and found that pipe/hose thing. It was plugged and I blew it out with the air compresser.

All fixed

Gar