M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML270 Aux Input in armrest??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ML270 Aux Input in armrest??

Hi, I know that this subject has been discussed in great detail however I am still lost!

I have a 2003 ML270 With Comand 2.0 factory installed. I would very much like to add the aux in feature to allow the use of my iPod through the stereo.

I have seen that a cable is available from MB however I don't believe this is the correct item for my car. All threads that I have revied on this subject refer to connecting the aux cable to a knock out hole in the glove box. Thre is no such hole in my glove box.

However, there is the knock out hole in both levels of the centre armrest. Does this indicat that this is where the aux input will go?

The Aux Input is selectable on the Comand system.

If anyone can point me in the right direction i would be over the moon, part numbers and instructions for fitting would be even better!

Cheers.

Last edited by freddiea; 11-28-2006 at 08:19 AM. Reason: More detail
Old 11-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 ML270
Originally Posted by freddiea
Hi, I know that this subject has been discussed in great detail however I am still lost!

I have a 2003 ML270 With Comand 2.0 factory installed. I would very much like to add the aux in feature to allow the use of my iPod through the stereo.

I have seen that a cable is available from MB however I don't believe this is the correct item for my car. All threads that I have revied on this subject refer to connecting the aux cable to a knock out hole in the glove box. Thre is no such hole in my glove box.

However, there is the knock out hole in both levels of the centre armrest. Does this indicat that this is where the aux input will go?

The Aux Input is selectable on the Comand system.

If anyone can point me in the right direction i would be over the moon, part numbers and instructions for fitting would be even better!

Cheers.
I thought the hole in the glovebox was one you had to drill yourself, i.e. not a knockout one.

The holes in the centre armrest may be for the factory phone as I believe the phone goes in the top compartment in the centre armrest.

If the cable is long enough to go from the Command to the centre armrest then you could fit your Ipod there.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:01 AM

Thanks for your reply....

Do I need a cable to go from the back of the Comand unit? If so any ideas on the part number? Is removing the Comand to fit the cable a big job?

Thanks in advance.....
Old 11-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 ML270
Originally Posted by freddiea
Thanks for your reply....

Do I need a cable to go from the back of the Comand unit? If so any ideas on the part number? Is removing the Comand to fit the cable a big job?

Thanks in advance.....
I don't know about the cable, but removing the Command is very easy if you buy the removal tools from MB (I paid about $12 for both).
Old 11-30-2006, 09:29 AM

Cheers,

Still, any info on removing the comand would be useful (W163 Comand 2.0) along with the required aux in part number and instructions....................