M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

MBTECH... help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 E55 AMG - Brilliant Silver (very rare)/ Charcoal, K2a
Gimme a freakin break !!!

Your Dealer's service department is the issue here ... not Dave's ability and/or willingness to solve a problem.

Stop b i t c hing and moaning, and pointing your finger at others ... and hold your dealership's 'feet to the fire'. You were smart enough to choose your ML, now its time to see if your smart enough to solve the problems that come with it. Dave has his reasons, and its none of our business why.

Do you guys know how much time Dave puts into this Forum? FOR FREE?

Humour me: Take the number of posts he's replied to (456 at the time of this posting) and multiply that by an average of at least 3 minutes per post (just to read the original post and type a reply). For you slackers, that equals 1,368 minutes, or 22 hours of HIS OWN TIME to help US when he can.

Now, I'm going to estimate that for 1/3 of the posts he replies to, Dave isn't able to give a solution off the top of his head (or Dave prefers to be precise) and searches the Service Bulletins and/or other Data Bases for the correct possible-answer. Again, I'll estimate ... that the time-per-problem-researched is approximately 15 minutes (I can't even launch my online legal-research software in 5 minutes ... so I think '15' is a fair, if not understated estimate to search-for and diagnose a problem).

1/3 of 456 posts is approximately 150 posts for which Dave chooses to do further research. At 15-extra-minutes per post, that's an additional 2,250 minutes, or 37.5 hours OF DAVE'S FREE-TIME HE DEDICATES TO US ... AT NO CHARGE!

That's a ball-park estimate of over 59-hours ... in addition to the 22-hours Dave puts in regularly here at MBworld ... for a grand total (estimate) of 81 hours. Free. And you (for those of you who did) still B i t c h!

I don't know the reasons for Dave's decision not to give '2g430' the answers to his questions, but in my book the reasons are Dave's and Dave's alone ... and he not only DOESN'T have to share those reasons with us, but we also don't have a right to badger Dave for justification for his decision.

Contractual provisions in a franchised auto-dealers employment agreement 'prohibiting disclosure' of certain facts in general, and/or certain facts as disclosed in subsequent memorandum disseminated to each employee, is not only wholly-possible, I've drafted them myself (the employment agreement and the subsequent memo's to employee's). We simply just don't know, and the reality of it is ... its none of our business ... anyway.

Until each and every person who complained about Dave's in-action, puts in the same amount of time (for those who forgot, it's at-least 81 hours), after you get home from work ... on the weekends .... at night ... instead of going to happy-hour ... instead of going to the movies ... instead of vegging in front of the TV ... etc., SHUT YOUR FREELOADING-ungreatful-MOUTHS ... enjoy the Forum for what it is ... FREE, INFORMATIVE, and ENTERTAINING.

IMHO.

Last edited by Drew; 01-02-2002 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Couldn't agree with you more!!!!!
Old 01-02-2002, 10:33 AM

2010 E550
Oddly enough, spoken like a true litigator! The only thing you left out of your closing was a plea for a great big fat verdict in Dave's favor with an added puch for punys so the lawyer can retire!
Old 01-02-2002, 12:52 PM

Originally posted by STKLAW
Oddly enough, spoken like a true litigator! The only thing you left out of your closing was a plea for a great big fat verdict in Dave's favor with an added puch for punys so the lawyer can retire!
LOL! (maybe I should hang-up the 'ole transactional-robe and strap-on a set of six-guns).

Regarding the closing-plea for a juicy-verdict: First, I could use a big score right now (couldn't we all!) ... and Second, in hind-sight, I guess you could call my post more of a Amicus Curiae brief than a case-in-chief!

Regarding punitives in a civil case: here in FL they're really tough to get: there usually has to be some gross or reckless behavior ... or more often as is the case, the punitives are prescribed by statute (especially when it comes to Insurance/Med. Mal cases).

Love the 'toons BTW!
Old 01-02-2002, 01:10 PM

**SOLD***2003 E500
punitives!

I do not knwo Drew, Sounds like the SAn Francisco group has already caused conversion on MBTech's information and you might be looking at triple damages????
Old 01-02-2002, 01:27 PM

Re: punitives!

Originally posted by Randy B
I do not knwo Drew, Sounds like the SAn Francisco group has already caused conversion on MBTech's information and you might be looking at triple damages????
You know Randy ... ever since we've met, I've said too myself that you seemed too smart to be on the job (in some jurisdictions, in some departments, being too smart 'disqualifies' you for a position ... their justification is that because your too smart, you'll likely become disatisfied with the job at some point earlier than those who are less-intelligent).

Anyway, good call!
Old 01-02-2002, 01:58 PM

2001 E320
SHUT YOUR FREELOADING-ungrateful-MOUTHS ...

Drew... thanks for keeping us u-n-g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l freeloaders in check... can you believe the audacity of some of us to actually disagree with a moderator on an issue and express their own opinions? What the heck was I thinking? Oh, yeah, freedom of speech and the ability to form my own opinions! I’ll try to be more careful in the future.

Personally, I feel that it wasn’t necessarily what MBTech208 said, but rather how he said it…

And how appropriate is his current signature-line? Oh, oh… now I’ve done it... I’ve probably really upset you as I think the quote originated from you...
Old 01-02-2002, 02:21 PM

**SOLD***2003 E500
Replys.

Must be something in the Bay fog/air, and or water around there. Very sensitive people you San Fransicans.
Old 01-02-2002, 02:39 PM

Re: SHUT YOUR FREELOADING-ungrateful-MOUTHS ...

Originally posted by Richard / E320
Drew... thanks for keeping us u-n-g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l freeloaders in check...
LOL! No problem ... just doing my job!

... can you believe the audacity of some of us to actually disagree with a moderator on an issue and express their own opinions? What the heck was I thinking? Oh, yeah, freedom of speech and the ability to form my own opinions! I’ll try to be more careful in the future.
Richard / E320, I absolutely respect your right to your own, differing opinion ... I just disagree (albeit strongly) with your conclusion.

... And how appropriate is his current signature-line? Oh, oh… now I’ve done it... I’ve probably really upset you as I think the quote originated from you...
Yes, I did say (write) those words, and no, I never thought they'd be used in public. Dave has this unique habit of quoting me (often times the quotes appear to out of context and off the wall ... if you weren't privy to the original dialog ... as in this case).

I understand your comment is merely your opinion. However, you do realize that you can't have it both ways: either you have freedom of speech for all, or you don't have it for any! Dave also has a right to say/not say what he wants/doesn't want to say ... as do you ... as do I. You just can't have it both ways.

BTW: I do appreciate your sense of humor ... your post was witty, and made me laugh!
Old 01-03-2002, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Whew, I'm washing my hands clean of this one.
Old 01-03-2002, 02:23 PM

2001 E320
Must be something in the Bay fog/air, and or water around there.

Hey... be nice... I didn't make fun of you and Drew... wasn't it Florida that couldn't seem to figure out how to cast a ballot?
Old 01-03-2002, 02:36 PM

Re: Must be something in the Bay fog/air, and or water around there.

Hey... be nice... I didn't make fun of you and Drew... wasn't it Florida that couldn't seem to figure out how to cast a ballot?
Almost Richard / E430 ... but it wasn't 'Florida' ... just a few 'Floridians'.

Funny thing, I cast my votes at the exact polling location in which 'those other Floridians' messed-up. You may notice in many other posts of mine the use of the term 'blue-hairs': can't/shouldn't drive, and in this context, can't/shouldn't be expected to be able to punch holes in paper either!

Thank G_d we in Florida will now vote via computer touch-screens ... couldn't stand to go through that embarassment again ... now all we have to get over is our County being known as a haven for terrorists ... too bad we can't blame that on the Blue-Hairs too.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:09 AM

2001 E320
... just a few 'Floridians'

Actually, I think all those Floridians did okay... I voted for Bush! I know, I know... now you guys are certain there is something in the water...

I'd like to see computer touch-screen voting nationally if it could help people vote for the person they really want. That voting snafu wasn't just embarrassing to Florida, it was an embarrassment to the U.S. Gore probably looks at the economy and says... 'Whew... that could have been me!'

And my lasts words on this thread... someone could always send '2g430' a private e-mail with an idea on how to resolve that roof rack noise... the rest of us don't even need to know...

Happy New Year!

Last edited by Richard / E320; 01-04-2002 at 12:15 AM.