M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Teleaid message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Teleaid message

hey guys I have a 2001 ML320 with around 52k miles on it, the past few months the "Tele-aid Please Visit Workshop" message has been popping up. Any way to get rid of this?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Originally Posted by coykiam
hey guys I have a 2001 ML320 with around 52k miles on it, the past few months the "Tele-aid Please Visit Workshop" message has been popping up. Any way to get rid of this?
I don't know if you can get rid of it but last summer I had a similar message with my 05 500. At first, the TeleAid people said all I needed was a software upgrade which the did remotely. When that didn't do it, they asked me to take the truck in. It took several weeks of diagnosis and parts replacement for the shop to figure it out. In my case, the problem was a cable connector and it came down to reharnessing the truck - yep, that was MB's recommendation because the cable manufacturer was no longer working with MB!!!! Local audio shops couldn't do it either. I refused the reharnessing option and finally MB gave my SA authorization to splice and repair the portions of the harness that were bad. That solved the problem - thanks to my SA who persisted, and insisted to have the problem solved. I hope you have a less complex problem, despite similar symptoms.