M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

HELP! I just replaced the battery in my '02 ML320 and now there's no power at all...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 GL350, '03 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T
HELP! I just replaced the battery in my '02 ML320 and now there's no power at all...

My old battery had symptoms that it is dying. So I got a new battery from the MB Parts Dept. When I got home, I switched off the truck, switched off all lights, radio, etc. that consumes power then proceeded to replace the battery. After successful completion I got into the truck. Uh oh... When I opened the door the time and odometer did not come on. Switch the ignition key to position one and nothing came on in the dash at all... I think it's just a fuse or something but the fuses in the fuse box located in the engine compartment all seem good... What could this be?
Old 04-06-2007, 08:14 PM

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
Originally Posted by mb_rpl
My old battery had symptoms that it is dying. So I got a new battery from the MB Parts Dept. When I got home, I switched off the truck, switched off all lights, radio, etc. that consumes power then proceeded to replace the battery. After successful completion I got into the truck. Uh oh... When I opened the door the time and odometer did not come on. Switch the ignition key to position one and nothing came on in the dash at all... I think it's just a fuse or something but the fuses in the fuse box located in the engine compartment all seem good... What could this be?
first of all, are you sure you put the battery back in correctly? Next are the positive and negative cables on tight? Did you disconnect anything other than the cables from the battery to remove it?

Double check your connectors. It sounds like you didn't reconnect something properly.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 GL350, '03 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T
Racin, you're right. Thanks. Once again, I was reminded why I'm a programmer and not a doctor... My memory failed... I forgot to attach the other red cable that I got out of the way. And since it was already dark I didn't see it when I was putting everything back. MB Roadside Assistance helped me figure it out. I was so embarassed. Kudos to Nelson from Ray Catena Service!!! Big Silvy is alive! I now have another problem but I'll search first before posting the question! I love this board!