M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML320 Door lock problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ML320 Door lock problem

Anybody please help me with this issue
My front passenger side door lock can not be lock or unlock. But if I sit inside, I can pull it up and it will unlock all door. But when I use remote key or lock button on the console try to lock it, all lock will go up and down just won't lock that passenger side lock.
Because one day my wife try to open the door from outside, she told me to unlock it, and whatever she did was too fast, on the same time, I pushed the unlocked button on the remote and she pull the handle at the same time, I think the computer got confused. Anyone, please help. thanks
Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
currently drive the 83 300SD
you probably have a bad front passenger door lock actuator. the latch/lock assembly in the door.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It could be the actuator, but I would check the door lock fuse first. We had a problem where the driver's side front lock didn't respond to the remote. We had to lock it by hand. It turned out to be a broken rear hatch lock (the plastic piston broke) and also a burnt out door lock fuse (see manual). You may want to confirm that your rear hatch is actually "locked" after locking with the remote.

Originally Posted by ttseng
Anybody please help me with this issue
My front passenger side door lock can not be lock or unlock. But if I sit inside, I can pull it up and it will unlock all door. But when I use remote key or lock button on the console try to lock it, all lock will go up and down just won't lock that passenger side lock.
Because one day my wife try to open the door from outside, she told me to unlock it, and whatever she did was too fast, on the same time, I pushed the unlocked button on the remote and she pull the handle at the same time, I think the computer got confused. Anyone, please help. thanks