M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Drl

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10' GLK
Drl

ML430 MY00' with stock housing. Is there anyway to disable the DRL?

I'm the kind of person that just get in and drive. Is there a manual turn knob that I can set to disable the DRL? Reason is that I'd 6000K HID installed.

**i know there's gonna be glare and beam pattern problem or blinding issues etc. But the HID kit is free and free install.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by bwco
ML430 MY00' with stock housing. Is there anyway to disable the DRL?

I'm the kind of person that just get in and drive. Is there a manual turn knob that I can set to disable the DRL? Reason is that I'd 6000K HID installed.

**i know there's gonna be glare and beam pattern problem or blinding issues etc. But the HID kit is free and free install.
Believe that this must be done by a dealer with the Star computer. However aren't you being inconsiderate and creating a dangerous situation with the HID's that you admit are lousy?? If they blinded me and created an accident you would be sued for everything you have.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:30 PM

10' GLK
Originally Posted by sosh
Believe that this must be done by a dealer with the Star computer. However aren't you being inconsiderate and creating a dangerous situation with the HID's that you admit are lousy?? If they blinded me and created an accident you would be sued for everything you have.
Thanks for the valuable input regarding to the DRL.

But, you're so... ... smart about the legal part! Car accident will not affect my assets or bank account. Even if I did T-bone you and killed you in a "car accident". My insurance will cover it. Do you know "insurance" existed?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the valuable input regarding to the DRL.

But, you're so... ... smart about the legal part! Car accident will not affect my assets or bank account. Even if I did T-bone you and killed you in a "car accident". My insurance will cover it. Do you know "insurance" existed?
I can assure you that you do not carry enough liability coverage to take care of a small per centage of what I would get.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:14 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
2000 ML320 2006 SLK 350
That's hilarous....

I can assure you that you do not carry enough liability coverage to take care of a small per centage of what I would get.
I am up for my policy renewal and my insurance agent just thought that I was carrying too much liability coverage at 250K/500K - advised me to bring it down a bit to lower my premium - probably to something like 100K/300K.

I still don't fully understand how to calculate the most appropriate liability coverage for oneself....but I faintly remember using a rule of thumb that said, your liability coverage should be at least equal to your net worth....my net worth would have dropped in the last 2 years due to falling home prices...just as for most other home owners...and I may not in fact need that high a liability coverage..

Can anyone help me understand the most correct way to calculate appropriate liability coverage....I seriously want to get this right..since lowering the liability to 100K/300K is bringing down my premium quite a bit...
Old 07-20-2007, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your net worth including your wife's and all of the value of your real estate and other property is a good place to start. However in my estimation that is far from enough as in many states awards can go well beyond your net worth and you could find yourself with your salary attached for all your working life and being unable to purchase anything in your name. What I do is above and beyond the car policy limits purchase an umbrella liability policy with extremely high limiits and thats not very expensive. To qualify for an umbrella most insurance companies require a high limit on the auto policy also. I believe that you have received bad info from your agent who is only looking at the short term savings not the long term liabilities
Old 07-20-2007, 11:38 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
2000 ML320 2006 SLK 350
Thanks sosh.....

Your net worth including your wife's and all of the value of your real estate and other property is a good place to start. However in my estimation that is far from enough as in many states awards can go well beyond your net worth and you could find yourself with your salary attached for all your working life and being unable to purchase anything in your name. What I do is above and beyond the car policy limits purchase an umbrella liability policy with extremely high limiits and thats not very expensive. To qualify for an umbrella most insurance companies require a high limit on the auto policy also. I believe that you have received bad info from your agent who is only looking at the short term savings not the long term liabilities
Maybe, I should then just keep the liability coverages as is and look into an umbrella coverage too..I did not know, they could go after your wife's assets too..

In that case, reducing the liability coverage in my case would certainly not be a wise thing to do...
Old 07-20-2007, 05:39 PM

10' GLK
you should've asked me how much my insurance coverage is ahead of time. What about 3 Million. And all it takes is hire a good lawyer and I"ll give him 40% of what I'll get from you for involving in the accident.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:44 PM

10' GLK

Are you sure? I killed someone 4 years ago and I don't have to pay a dime !
Old 07-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
You say that with pride?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
'96 SL600, '05 S55 AMG, '06 C230
Not sure that's something you really want to brag about.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's probobly full of himself
If u think ur so smart consider this
$3 million is really nothing when it comes to a loss of life
let me tell u something if u took that attitude with the wrong person it doesn't matter what ur lawyer can do if u can't breathe

I've seen ppl killed....u killed someone eh?
try this put ur best friend in front of you
have some guy pull a gun and shoot him in the head in front of you...have his blood on ur face
and then tell me if u can kill someone...
Get off the ****ing internet and grow up okay?
Stay off the road and use common sense
Old 07-21-2007, 05:48 PM

10' GLK
Originally Posted by harpz
He's probobly full of himself
If u think ur so smart consider this
$3 million is really nothing when it comes to a loss of life
let me tell u something if u took that attitude with the wrong person it doesn't matter what ur lawyer can do if u can't breathe

I've seen ppl killed....u killed someone eh?
try this put ur best friend in front of you
have some guy pull a gun and shoot him in the head in front of you...have his blood on ur face
and then tell me if u can kill someone...
Get off the ****ing internet and grow up okay?
Stay off the road and use common sense

wow, that sounded scary ! I saw that on tv. Grow up? I'm too old !
Old 07-21-2007, 05:56 PM

10' GLK
Originally Posted by AsianML
You say that with pride?
I'm not pride. It's unfortunately an accident that occured. And to let others know that insurance is very important.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
gtfo of this forum, you are a mess... if you have that much money go buy real bixenons
Old 07-22-2007, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mihir_d
Maybe, I should then just keep the liability coverages as is and look into an umbrella coverage too..I did not know, they could go after your wife's assets too..

In that case, reducing the liability coverage in my case would certainly not be a wise thing to do...
I agree, not a wise thing. Liability is the least expensive portion of the policy and umbrella policys are inexpensive. If my memory serves me right I pay about $280 per million for them. By buying a limited policy you are in fact self insuring for a possible big hit.Laws also vary state to state so check it out where you live.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:28 PM

10' GLK
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
gtfo of this forum, you are a mess... if you have that much money go buy real bixenons
Yes. Especially, seeing dead people all the time doesn't make me sick anymore. And try not to believe in what other's say on the internet.

At the end, with over dozen's of replies, none of them answers the question of DRL.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
1) MBW does not support the violation of your country's law.
2) I also suggest you change the description of your vehicle to match the TOU.

HTH
Old 07-26-2007, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55
wow.. this thread is way OT!!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:23 PM

10' GLK
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
1) MBW does not support the violation of your country's law.
2) I also suggest you change the description of your vehicle to match the TOU.

HTH

1) I did not seek support of MBW for my own act or you call it violation of your country's law.
2) You are way off topic. Please refer to the beginning of this thread.

Your input is greatly appreciated!