M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Major phone problems - Please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Major phone problems - Please help

I purchased a new 320 2 months ago and spung for the v60 with voice activation. Unfortunately, I've had major phone problems since. The phone works well on its own but in the cradle I get constant complaints that my voice drops out. I also discovered that I can't be heard when the other party is talking. Agian this occurs only when the phone is in the cradle. I checked the teleaid system and it doesn't seem to have these problems.

The phone has been in the shop three times already. The first time the dealer told me that it was a problem with the phone company. The second time they "discovered" a loss wire. The third time I was told that the phone interacts negatively with other systems in the car. I was told I'd have to learn to live with this problem that just occurs sometimes in the ML.

Has anyone had similar experiences/ Any suggestions? I love the car, our 2nd ML, but I spent @2k for this system and it should work perfectly. Please help.

elliot
Old 10-25-2002, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Major phone problems - Please help

Originally posted by ekolodny
..... I was told I'd have to learn to live with this problem that just occurs sometimes in the ML.........

I don't think this is acceptable. My timeport(TDMA) works fine. I did have the PSE module replaced after it locked out all audio.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
I have the Timeport in my ML500. It now works fine but I did have problems after the install. It would not charge the phone and some of the address book on the screen was garbled along with the output audio. Dealer changed the interface box, the cord that plugs into the phone and one other component. Its now been fine.