M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Sunroof won't close properly?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
Unhappy Sunroof won't close properly?

Hello everyone:

I just got my 2000 ML320 US version a month ago. The sunroof pop-up air deflector came with the tabs snapped so I removed it but the sunroof was working at the time of the purchase. This week I notice that I could not close the sunroof entirely. There is a gap of about 50mm(2"). I also noticed that the moonroof flap(the cloth flap under the glass sunroof) can not be pulled back beyond the front of the sunroof. That piece was suppose to open and close when the sunroof is fully closed but now is stuck. I have a feeling that flap is preventing the sunroof to close fully. Any quick fixes or do I have to disassemble the whole sunroof assembly. I hope there is a quick solution. So frustrating.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 320
Exclamation 1999 ML320 sunroof issues also.same here

MY sunroof does exactly what you just explained....it stays open about 2 inch....

I allready took apart the wind sound bar and my clips where cracked also..I took off the entire side bars that give it the spring action to stay up and down...and I took off the clips ....the sunroof still gets stuck..

YOU can close it by pushing the sunroof switch UP towards the roof......

this will close BUT my sunroof is not sealled all the way.

have you repaired your issue.....

any responses..??

please let me know if you fixed the problem..

I want to get some info also..

Thanks
Simeon