M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Negative ML posts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 320 and C 320
On the So Cal rep

Hey timdf

I hope you are not reffering to the person who handles the Los Angeles region when you say that the rep is a "waste of space." The Los Angeles rep has been a BIG help in sorting out some of the mysterious problems that I have had with my ML and C... both in Los Angeles and Hawaii
Old 11-30-2002, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML430, Mini Cooper S and Porsche 911 Twin Turbo
Was his name o'Connor or something similar ?

Because when I contacted my regional rep, he couldn't even be bothered to look up the service history to give his considered opinion - he just said keep taking in for repair....

He didn't even know what year my ML was, let alone V6 or V8 and how many times it'd been in for repair !

If it was / is the same guy, maybe you caught him on a good day ?

Certainly I was as polite and as patient as possible, but how could he judge the situation without first checking the history ?

Hence my 'waste of space' comment.

Shame, because all I was wanting was his assessment and if possible a guarantee that if I had a recurring failure out of warranty they'd honor the repair. ( I figured eventually I'd get all the suspect stuff replaced on my ML then it'd be a good one).

No dice, so no more MB's for me. In the meantime I'll just keep on taking it for repairs like he said and make sure the world knows about my experiences.....

'00 ML430 with 23 warranty repairs and one more pending...
'02 996 Porsche with 1 warranty repair - the MB manufactured transmission !

Last edited by timdf; 11-30-2002 at 07:21 PM.