M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Did you know that…

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you know that…

Hi guys,

A few days ago I had a situation on the parking lot. I’ve inserted the ignition key, turned it to the starting position (position 3) and accidentally pressed the panic button. When I did this, the electricity in the car completely disappeared… No lights, no locks were working. Nothing. I tried everything to start the engine but without success. I’ve checked the fuses and they were all fine. Finally, I’ve disconnected the battery and after a few minutes connected it again. After this everything worked again and I was able to go home.

I don’t know whether some of you had situation like this… Nothing about problem like that is described in the manual (or at least I didn't find it). I hope this info will help someone in a situation like I had.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
HHHHmmmm!!!! Interesting. The Panic button is exactly that - for panic situations. It's supposed to blare the alarm when pressed, and I sincerely hope that it doesn't function like you just described, otherwise it's completely useless in the particular "panic" situation you just described - for example, if there was an assailant waiting for you in the car (assume for now that they managed to get inside without trig triggering the alarm), we all could have been reading about you in the news!!! I don't want to try it just because I don't want to go through the process of reprogramming after battery disconnect, but I'll sure be interested if it actually works that way.

Last edited by Darkmann; 02-05-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Almost a Member!

1988 300E, 1973 450 sl, 1999 ML320, 1986 300E, 1985 190D
Hummmmm

well it may have been the lock out for the remot is to the fact car alarm, and it has a starter kill in it. if this happens a ginn try just to unlock and lock the doors . that seems to be a way of reseting the sys in the car. I had somthing like what you are saying and that seems to work
Old 02-11-2008, 02:59 PM

German karts
Originally Posted by davethebenzman
well it may have been the lock out for the remot is to the fact car alarm, and it has a starter kill in it. if this happens a ginn try just to unlock and lock the doors . that seems to be a way of reseting the sys in the car. I had somthing like what you are saying and that seems to work
That's probably the case