M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

my ml experiance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
270cdi ml
Cool my ml experiance

After reading through the threads, I wanted to share with you guys why I bought and like my Ml 270cdi.

I had an slk230 kompressor befour and it was a wonderful car, but I wanted something bigger and went down the SUV road, the ml wasmy first. I wanteda full size desile .with an upmarket image. This really left only 3 tho choose from Ml 270cdi, x5 3l d, and new range rover 3l d.

I discounted the range rover quickly , it was alovely car but the £45,000 price tag was to much . Which left X5 and ml, I test drove both and it was obviose that the x5 was very sporting in feel, the engine was very smooth and torquey. Interiour very bmw, but did not look like it would beeasy to clean, it was a "soft" offroader, the real killer for x5 was the lack of low range gear, I thought if all I wanted was 4 wheel drive then why not havea suberu inpetza. Also extra money for rear ventelation and the price differece similar spec was £5000.

So the Ml was winner. I have loved this car, I agree it is not as well built as my slk but I think my 2002 model is not to bad. I have the rear tier holder, I dont think you guys in n,america can get this and its apity, not just because you ahve full size spare but it gives the SUV a real look. I know you cannot also get the desile engine and that a pit also, my truck has 6000 miles on it now and the engine has become very smoth, if seems made for this truck, mated to the 5 speed Auto it s really a smooth drivetrain. The engine is not mistaken for petrol outside but inside its quite, and when pushed gives a real nice thump that is never intusive. The ride also surpised me , our roads here are crap and the ml is very Mercedes like over ruts and bumps.

I have never onec looked at x5 driver with green eyse. I know my ml would take it apart off road and after all it is an off raoder, the importance you place on off raod ability should have a lot to do with what truck you buy. If you never need this ability, buy an e,class or bmw5.

As for problems well there have been 2 , he cd player is not working right and never has since day one, and the frony ash tray will not come out. Thats all.

So yes I like it, 30 mpg, big comfortable truck.

Steve

2002 ml 270cdi