M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

QCHBB-MBZ After market wire harness ml500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 ml500
Cool QCHBB-MBZ After market wire harness ml500

Has anyone installed this wire harness??
http://www.installer.com/wires/index.php

I was told that i had to rewire the whole truck and i cant use the factory amp and speakers??? is that right??

I am installing a Panasonic Strata Nav double din

Has anyone install this unit yet???

did you have to rewire or did you use factory wiring???

I did remove the factory deck and found that the wire harness i got was part # 07-1786 which doesnt look like it would work.

After i removed the factory deck i get a security error now, how do i get the code???
i have been reading and found that its your vin # 13134 something like this but that doesnt work

any help would be appreciated
Old 03-12-2008, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E550 Convertible, 2009 Audi Q5 3.2
Hi, The security code for the radio is obtained from your dealer. Whenever power is cut to the head unit by removal or replacing the vehicle battery, the security unlock code must be entered. You might be able to call your dealer with your VIN # and get the 5 digit code specific to your radio.

The Mercedes auto system uses fiber optics to communicate between components... the amp, head unit, cd changer, tele-aid, and phone system if installed. Further the factory Bose speakers are 2 ohm if memory serves. So to install an aftermarket system, the entire audio system will need to be re-wired.

Hope this helps.

Philip