M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Brabus wheel locks anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208 CLK55
Thumbs up Brabus wheel locks anyone?

I recently randomly bought a set of genuine Brabus wheel locks meant for Monoblock IV wheels but they're specific to W163 model. I bought them on eBay from a wheel shop in Gardena, CA, can't use them at all and haven't had them shipped because the seller wants $20 to ship a package that I suppose cannot weigh more than 2-3 lbs. The shipping price wasn't listed but I figured they wouldn't charge more than $7-8 tops. I've been buying and selling on eBay since 1999 and just haven't been had to deal with this kind of stuff (not that I can remember anyway). I just had a set of springs weighing 32 lbs. shipped to me for $35.
Anyway, sorry for the rant. It's honestly just the principle of the whole thing. I won the auction @ $20.50 and didn't expect the shipping to cost as much as the item itself.

PM me if you want them or know someone in the SoCal area who might want them or would otherwise be willing to pick them up and drop them at the post office or something. I'd be happy to pay whoever volunteers to ship em, I just think that it's absolutely retarded to have to pay the seller $20 to ship something that is basically a pet rock (ie. it doesn't need to be packaged in anything more than an envelope since it cannot be damaged and it's not that heavy etc.) It is possible that someone would agree to pick them up promising to mail em and keep them and pocket the shipping cost, but it's really not that much money, just my hard head, I'd roll those dice and really don't think that that this is that kind of forum community.

Now flame on JUST PAY THE $20 YOU IDIOT!!!!111

Old 03-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 ML55 AMG Black on Black
I know that USPS is cheap (under $10 for a small package), but maybe the shop is using a tracked UPS or FedEx shipment to ensure delivery. I can see that being $20 for shipping.

Personally I don't trust USPS since I've had too many problems with them in the past. If I was running a business, I wouldn't trust them either. They lose the shipment, then your customer gets mad at you when it wasn't your fault.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 771 Likes on 750 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
most eBay sellers don't offer will calls even if u live next door!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:23 PM

W208 CLK55
That is true, but the person that I've been talking with has told me that he'd allow someone to pick it up. I thought I had a contact out there to do it but apparently he's on duty and won't be home until May. Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about when I say that $20 is ridiculously steep for fedex but I can't recall ever paying that much for something so small. I'd take the chance using USPS since odds are pretty good that I'll receive the package and the loss would be minimal. I really wish I knew someone who could use them but I really can't say what wheels they'd might work with since they're said to be specifically for Monoblock IV wheels. I know that the Mono IVs that I have are kind of finicky in that the shorter lug bolts that I still had from a different set of wheels were too short and had a cone shaped seat as opposed to the rounded seat that match the Brabus. On a side note (I'll probably advertise this a little later in the classifieds) I've got a nav/Comand unit with the security code and updated CD out of a 2003 ML that I'm selling for my neighbor.

Btw, I love the shots in your sig. I've got to recruit my sister to take some shots like that for me. She's more artistic and camera competent than me.