M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

CAN bus location 99 ML320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 ML320
CAN bus location 99 ML320

Hello Folks,

I'm new to the forum. My background is automotive electronics and electrical systems.

Anyway one of our engineers ask that I find a suitable location to monitor the CAN signals in a 99 ML320. Specifically they asked that I find CAN “B”.

Currently we do not have a manual on the test vehicle and I cant seem to find a good location to tap into the CAN bus. My current information is the twisted pair I’m looking for is brown/red

Can anybody offer an idea ?

Thanks

Jim
Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
there *should* be Can Bus signal available at the shifter... in one of the harnesses that run through that area... if you look for information on how to retro fit an aftermarket nav system into a non factory equipped vehicle, you should find the canbus wiring as you need to interface for the navigation unit...
Old 06-24-2008, 08:38 AM

1999 ML320
Hello,

Thanks for the reply!. I did a quick search on this forum and located a post pertaining to NAV system retrofitting. Unfortunately the link within the post seems to be dead. I double checked the technical publications and discovered no publication is available.

Anyway I’ll dig into the shifter area and see if I can find the CAN bus harness. Hopefully I’ll be able to get the consul apart without damaging anything. This vehicle appears to be built with higher standards than a Saturn.

Thanks again!

Jim
Old 11-06-2008, 02:30 AM

ml270cdi
Originally Posted by fujioko
Hello,

Thanks for the reply!. I did a quick search on this forum and located a post pertaining to NAV system retrofitting. Unfortunately the link within the post seems to be dead. I double checked the technical publications and discovered no publication is available.

Anyway I’ll dig into the shifter area and see if I can find the CAN bus harness. Hopefully I’ll be able to get the consul apart without damaging anything. This vehicle appears to be built with higher standards than a Saturn.

Thanks again!

Jim
Hello,

Did you find the CAN bus?
I need know where is it.

Tank you