M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Warning Lamps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML320
Warning Lamps

Hi, my dad gave me his 2000 ML320 recently and this ride is sweet. I love the Bose sound system. Handles/drives well for an 8 year old car. This is my first car and I don't know much about cars. There is a lot of technical problems with it though. I think it was poorly built, not poorly maintained. A lot of times, the warning lamps on the dash comes on and I'm worry. What does the BAS ESP I think on the far left lighting up means? I noticed sometimes when I brake, a circle with tangent dash lines, 6 to be exact, 3 on the left and 3 on the right of the circle, comes on. So I think it has something to do with the brakes, but the brakes works fine, no squeals. The SRS airbag light is also on, is there a DIY somewhere here for all of these warnings? I'm new to the forum, sorry. The ride is smooth, but I'm also worried about this squeaking noise the rear suspension or something makes. I'm at the 85,000 miles mark, should I change my spark plugs also? MB dealer near me gave me an estimated quote of $600+ for spark plugs replacement and an arm&leg for the rest of the tune-up.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Warning lights are just that, a warning. Yours is for needing brake pads I believe. As for the BAS light thats brake assist and it is not working. The squeak could be bushings. I believe you are wrong, the car is built well but it has not been maintained. The SRS light means your air bags are not working. In my estimation that ML is dangerous!! If you are to drive the car get everything fixed before you have a major disaster and hurt yourself and possibly someone else. You say your father gave you the car, in that condition?? He must not like you very much!! Also the BAS is most likely a failed brake light switch, not a big deal. You say you don't know much about cars so why are you asking for a DIY?? You will most likely make a bigger mess.