M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Loaner cars...how hard is it to get one?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loaner cars...how hard is it to get one?

I have to leave my ML at a dealer. He says he doesn't have a loaner available until 2 weeks from now!!! He's also 20mi away from me. Is this typical in NJ?

I got one last week during a service visit, but the stupid dodge had bad seatbelts that wouldn't lock in the back and couldn't hold my car seat.

I'd leave the car at another dealer, but since I can't get a loaner it really sucks. THe dealer also won't send a technician to see the problem. I drive over and the dealer curse: I can't repeat the problem in front of the dealer.

AT this point they are not very helpful and I'm just wondering how typical is this non-service from dealers in NJ?
Old 01-22-2003, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
My dealer asks for a 2 week notice. They have a fleet of 01, 02 ML's, C Class and E Class. I have never had a problem getting one on short notice though but I do understand that they can't keep one on hand for everyone, every day. Be reasonable!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
Yep, my dealer is like sosh's. If you schedule an appointment they will tell you when they have a car available.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML430
Loaner is always available at Autohaus in S. FL

The local dealer in Pompano BEach has a huge selection for loaner cars. If you have purchased your MB at their location, they will give you a MB loaner. SO far I have tried : 2 E-Class, a C-class sedan, C-coupe, ML-320.

Always available, more then 100 loaner cars in stock. If you have purchased a car someplace else, then you get a usual Ford rent-a-wreck, but immidiately and no need for pre-arrangment !
Just call-in and usually next they you have an appointment ready.

this sounds like a very good service after what I have read here... luckily I bought my truck from them so I always get a new MB. One of the E-classe they gave me had only 900miles !
I had that for a week as this was the time they put a new tranny into the ML430. Not that I liked that, but hey, it was free !!!