M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

W163 DYI ml55 front grill/MODS, My ML320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 W163
W163 DYI ml55 front grill/MODS, My ML320

MSG me for any detail and users that i bought these items from.
Okay, so finally i had some free time to do everything on the weekend.
Here are some of the Ebay stuff i got and some are DYI stuff. ill show you where to get them and combine shipping for cheap. Ebay

-Folding mirrors
-Side step bar
-JL audio W3V3
-JL 250/1
-HIDs / white ultra white signals

- SMD LED interior 1142 bulbsx2(dome light) and 1039 bulbs x12 for (licience plate lights x2, door lights( front x4)(rear x4) and glove box (x1) rear trunk dome light (x1)

- Smoked Tails(glossy) got a can from the RC car hobbies store, a can size of 150-200ml. Its called TAMIYA* (smoked glossy) 10 bucks. Simply take your tail lights off and clean and clear all dust and glue.
Tape the White LENS area, so you wont cover your signal and back up light.
(looks better this way anyways.
Spray it on by putting 2 lights side by side. Then just spray a thin layer and wait to dry, and keep going back and spray more layers, depending how dark you want it.

-Chrome handles
-Alffalterbach Sterring wheel emblem (black and white)

-DYI ML 55 FRONT GRILL / PAINTED
you buy the chrome lining from ebay also for 20bucks or you can buy the actualy whole grill for 300bucks
MERCEDES ML 320 W163 CHROME GRILL KIT 1998 1999 2000 - (eBay.ca item 310120385001 end time 10-Feb-09 15:37:43 EST)

Step by step:
ITEMS NEEDED
-METAL CAST PAINT (Glossy, chrome, ect which ever you desire)I choose the Metalcast with specks of glossy glitter silver metals on it.)
-Silver primer
-Clear coat
-(300-400 fine) sand paper 2-4 sheets. ps.300-400 is the number on the sand paper.
-(100-150 ) samd paper 2 sheets.
-screw driver.

Step1 :First take off the bottom grill, simply pull it out with the flat head.(be careful,)
step 2 : open your hood and take out the screws holding the grill together(they are "+" screws about 15 maybe(i forgot)
Step 3 :the grill should come off easily.
step 4 : take the 5pcs off the FRONT GRILL, simply helt together by clips ,careffully pop each one out.
step 5:use the 300-400 sheet to sand the grill multiple times, until it turns DULL and smooth.
step 6: use the 100 sheet to sand the bottom grill untill its smooth and then use the 300-400 sheet to smooth it out even more (until its fine)
Step 7: clean the surface of all the grill pieces with LABEL or Solvent.
Step 8: paint a evenly light coated of primer and wait for dry.
step 9: repeat step 8 .
step 10: Spray on the main coat of paint lightly evenly and thin.Wait for dry
step11: repeat step 10 two or 3times (i use 3/4 of the can)
Step 12: Spray on the clear coat medium layer wait 1 hour (faster if you have a heater in there)
Step 13: repeat step 12, 2 or 3 times.
step 14: reassemble the whole grill, or install the chrome lining if you have it.

Sorry that my intructions are not that clear, but its a really simple jobs, basicallly bolt on bolt off, and its all about patient. Please dont get frustrated of waiting and Overspray your grill, or elses it would leave eye drops.
MAKE SURE YOUR GRILL IS ABSOLUTLY DROP BEFORE REASSEMBLING IT!!!!!!
you dont want indented finger prints all over the grill and restart back to step one.

Here is up to date of what my ML320 looks like. with the chrome lining and GRILL painted aka ml55 grill DYI

ON THE WAY SHIPPING--
-AMG PEDALS

-Alffalterbach badge plate (black and white)
Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 PM

08 ML350; 07' Acura RDX; 05'FX45; 03'Murano
Smile

Nice job. Congrats.

But where are your folding mirrors ?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:43 PM

02 W163
thanks
There on the car.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:14 PM

1990 300TE
Nice.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:12 PM

02 W163
Im getting a Set of HR sways on the way, bought it off a local w163 user on the forumm...CANT WAITTTTT
Old 02-16-2009, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Not sure why you would have an AMG plaque in there?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:29 AM

02 W163
same reason why people buy amg hood/trunk emblem, amg pedals, amg doorsills.
Amg package, amg sways, amg rims, ect when there car are not amgs?

the engine doesnt have to be amg inorder to have amg items.
I simply like products from amg, i like there style made for the car.

i can have the plaque there to show that i have amg stuff.. but im not going to say my car is AMG, or intend to shave my emblem and put 55 in the back. or even shave the 0 to put ML32 amg...

I know that ppl often think that im just a wanna be ect, but truth is i want amg items to make my car look nice. to match everything else aka,
pedals, grill, hood and trunk emblem, steering wheel emblem.

I dont intend to buy brabus parts or lorinser, cause i simply dont have that money to make the car go faster... i like the factory looks. and if i were to sell the car, im sure the buyer would rather have everything AMG (factory) rather then a bunch of brabus parts.

I dont have to buy amg rims or amg brakes inorder for my car to have an amg plaque.
Were all mercedes.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Hey, I understand buying AMG parts. Thats cool. They do look nice. The plaque says "AMG Special Edition". Its kinda misleading like a badge on the rear deck would be. It really must be a special edition since they made zero of them. LOL
Old 02-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
man no offense... but what you bought was a bunch of FLEBAY parts... none of those are AMG anything...

I like the smoked tails, I like the side steps, I like the AMG style grill.

What I dont like... chrome door handles, chrome fill strips on the colored AMG grill. The chrome that comes in those kits is cheap, and will begin to flake or tarnish/rust over in a pretty quick time period, especially if you are in a snow area...

AMG steering wheel badge, I like the badge, but a steering wheel with an active airbag system is no where to put something that sticks on with double sided tape... should you get into an accident, that becomes a projectile when your airbag pops... AMG pedals... dont exist for the ML55... if you look at EVERY factory AMG car that has different pedals... you will notice they dont look like that, and they dont have AMG written on them... they have an aluminum pedal with rubber nubs... There is a kit to retrofit those pedals into the ML... it was 1XX if I remember correctly, those would be REAL amg pedals

as for youre comment on the plaque... AMG is AMG... the engine is hand built... The ML55 never had the plaque... if you notice, the plaque has a name on it... the name refers to the person that HAND ASSEMBLED the engine. This became standard on all 03s(except the ML55)... That plaque you purchased is again a cheap ebay knock off... with double sided tape... The plaques on the AMG engines are not double sided taped I can tell you that, in fact its almost impossible to remove them as they are epoxied on.

See the difference between what you have and what appears on an engine...

"AMG parts" for a W163 are the 18" rims... red painted calipers(although they are technically the same part in the 430, they are painted red to differ them from the rest. They were later changed to black. The exhuast system, the interior, and the engine...

The power dome hood was later available on the Special Edition MLs, the sport bumpers were just that sport bumpers, standard on the AMGs... upgrades on everything else. Heck even the silver painted grill was available on the inspiration edition... In the end there were very few pieces that are AMG... Interior, suspension, different color brake calipers, wheels, engine... no pedals, no plaque, no steering wheel emblem... No offense man... I would dump those "upgrades" and keep the stock parts... Worth more, will last, and are real parts... LED upgrades, SICK, Xenon upgrade... great, side steps, as long as they arent the cheap chrome ones that rust 10 min after they go on, and are like the OEM quality chrome ones, cool, smoked tails, wish I had a pair... the rest no... and I believe its DIY...
Old 02-17-2009, 07:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Originally Posted by 55fanatic
man no offense... but what you bought was a bunch of FLEBAY parts... none of those are AMG anything...

I like the smoked tails, I like the side steps, I like the AMG style grill.

What I dont like... chrome door handles, chrome fill strips on the colored AMG grill. The chrome that comes in those kits is cheap, and will begin to flake or tarnish/rust over in a pretty quick time period, especially if you are in a snow area...

AMG steering wheel badge, I like the badge, but a steering wheel with an active airbag system is no where to put something that sticks on with double sided tape... should you get into an accident, that becomes a projectile when your airbag pops... AMG pedals... dont exist for the ML55... if you look at EVERY factory AMG car that has different pedals... you will notice they dont look like that, and they dont have AMG written on them... they have an aluminum pedal with rubber nubs... There is a kit to retrofit those pedals into the ML... it was 1XX if I remember correctly, those would be REAL amg pedals

as for youre comment on the plaque... AMG is AMG... the engine is hand built... The ML55 never had the plaque... if you notice, the plaque has a name on it... the name refers to the person that HAND ASSEMBLED the engine. This became standard on all 03s(except the ML55)... That plaque you purchased is again a cheap ebay knock off... with double sided tape... The plaques on the AMG engines are not double sided taped I can tell you that, in fact its almost impossible to remove them as they are epoxied on.

See the difference between what you have and what appears on an engine...

"AMG parts" for a W163 are the 18" rims... red painted calipers(although they are technically the same part in the 430, they are painted red to differ them from the rest. They were later changed to black. The exhuast system, the interior, and the engine...

The power dome hood was later available on the Special Edition MLs, the sport bumpers were just that sport bumpers, standard on the AMGs... upgrades on everything else. Heck even the silver painted grill was available on the inspiration edition... In the end there were very few pieces that are AMG... Interior, suspension, different color brake calipers, wheels, engine... no pedals, no plaque, no steering wheel emblem... No offense man... I would dump those "upgrades" and keep the stock parts... Worth more, will last, and are real parts... LED upgrades, SICK, Xenon upgrade... great, side steps, as long as they arent the cheap chrome ones that rust 10 min after they go on, and are like the OEM quality chrome ones, cool, smoked tails, wish I had a pair... the rest no... and I believe its DIY...
Old 02-17-2009, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Damn...here I was trying to be round about....then BAM...here comes Pete with the smackdown!
That badge must have really set him off.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Stiggs
Damn...here I was trying to be round about....then BAM...here comes Pete with the smackdown!
That badge must have really set him off.
I was really in a bad mood... he just caught the brunt of it... the ebay chrome parts are very cheapo though... they will start pitting and then rusting with in a 12 month period...

If he wants to collect AMG parts... at least collect authentic parts... ya know?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:09 AM

02 W163
Wow??? im not even gonna comment on that.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:12 AM

02 W163
Now, i feel so ****ty lol, Never got this much flame since 911.
Sorry, if my ebay mods and dyi stuff offended you but its too late to take them off, cause i alreadyt paid and installed them..
Handles, i can always take them off if they peel.
as for the chrome strips, i can always send it back for new ones..
I like the chrome strips alot, it would be different without them.

you know i ahve decided before i got all these accessories to either go with brabus carlsson or amg.

I was thinking brabus, cause i really like there products. but then i realize AMG would suit the car more if i was to sell it.

Now, its just too late to sell all the parts, pedals badge emblems door pins, ect.

but if i had a choice, after how much dissed i got just now, i believe brabus would have been a better choice, and i wouldnt have got this much hate on my baby ML. lol

Its not a rice as the car seems.. the handles look way better then black.
No i cannot afford authentic brabus and amg parts, and i dont intend to pay for bumbers that are worth half as much as the car. the car is only worth 9000 CAD... so you do the math..
I want it to look nice.. all show no go.

Ill be working on the interior of the car more, with audio ect, and hopefully attend some car shows.

Rims is what i need for sure. 22s. but for everyhting else like bumper all and that stuff.. i do what i can best to make it look nice for a cheap price.. tis car has not yet have any problems knock on wood. so im very grateful so far..
but we all have our own way in modding....and in Vancouver BC, i can guarenteee that there are only no more that 10 owners that mod there MLs w163... i only seen 3-4 my whole life. in BC.
i would like to be more unque. and im not ricing my car out with chrome and chrome and chrome.,,
i know i dont drive a escalade... the only chrome that is going on the car are the handles cause i cant stand the black.....
maybe the rear licience plate trim (MAYBE)

as for everything else. Rims on the outside and lower it,, thats enough for me.

Interior wise, Head rest monitor. ....

Pls try to understand before you make any more judgement.,,
my car compared to many others out there, look much less ugly then theirs.
for ex: at least know better than to put : chrome handle bowls, chrome mirror covers, chroms headlight trim, chrome tailight trip, CHROME DOOR PILLAR LOL, ect, you get my point.
if you were to search on cardomain, you would realize that mine would be the least you should worry about..

As for door pillars, im planning to get CF...
Hopefully i would be able to purchase burlwood parts for the interior..

But if i had a choice, i would go with carbon fiber EVERYTHING.

Thanks, and hopefully your mind would change the next time you see my car posted.

ps: the AMG badge plate, came with the AMG pedals as a set.

Last edited by STi_JL; 02-18-2009 at 03:45 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:48 AM

02 W163
I would never buy authentic AMG parts from the dealership, cause if you notice they charge 5 times mroe than regualr. and the difference is nothing...
depending what you get of course.
But im talking about accesories and stuff..
For ex: licience plate frame, wheel cap, EMBLEM"", everything.....

but of course if you were to buy there bumper and stuff, thats a different story.
my car is not longer under warrenty, i dont ahve to worry about voiding any warrenty by modding the car.....
Old 02-18-2009, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
I say keep on modding. I was just curious where the AMG badge was going? I didn't want you to start posing.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

If you are going to mod... just mod with quality parts... Ive done the ebay parts... they suck... There are other ways to get authentic parts and not pay an arm and a leg...
Old 02-18-2009, 10:08 AM

2002 ML320, 2010 Ford F150
I have a set of chrome door handle covers and I wouldn't put them on any ML. They SUCK. I just left them in the box. I don't like the feel of the edge behind them when opening the door.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:58 AM

10' GLK
Come on, modding a car is a personal preference, what ticks you off so much? it's his car, it's his money, he can buy whatever he wants !
should we ban this poor guy off the forum just because he uses an inappropriate user name on a MB forum? Or you posting bmw on your sig as oppose to having a MB on it?
give him a break !
Old 02-18-2009, 12:45 PM

01 ML55, 91 Supra Turbo, 05 Audi S4
I think the issue is with fake AMG MODS from ebay that were never produced by AMG!!! Please, Mod your VEHICLE but not with fake AMG stuff! and remember, NO MOTOR, NO BADGE!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by bwco
Come on, modding a car is a personal preference, what ticks you off so much? it's his car, it's his money, he can buy whatever he wants !
should we ban this poor guy off the forum just because he uses an inappropriate user name on a MB forum? Or you posting bmw on your sig as oppose to having a MB on it?
give him a break !
where did I talk about banning him? there is a good amount of product that he did put on that I do like... the LEDs, the smoked tails, the H&R sway bars, I even said I liked the AMG badge that he had on his steering wheel(just not on the steering wheel)... I was commenting on the fake AMG engine badge, pedals, and chrome accents... The front grill looks good, I think I even mentioned it, what I said of the chrome is that its not quality and will wear very quickly, making his car look ratty... IMHO... thats a waste of money... the fake AMG stuff... well I just dont like knock offs... I bought my E30 with M pedals... they were cheapo pedals like those above... everytime it rains my foot slips off...

All I mentioned was if you are gonna mod, do it right, not cheaply... based on his plans for the car, he is doing a lot of other stuff top notch... just making note of my personal preferances... cheap ebay parts = waste of money

Last edited by 55fanatic; 02-18-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:43 PM

02 W163
HAHA, you guys crack me up so much, lol
I like how you guys complaing so much about my car, and trying to act like you care about my safety and the chrome wearing out ect, when truly you just despise in my way of modding my car, cause im not doing the right way, cause im not buying authentic amg parts, and cause im not " doing what you guys are doing".

The amg badge for ex," its not a engine badge HAHA, dont worry, i dont intend to put that on my engine, it simply came with the pedals.

And btw, I love the looks of that pedal, like it iway better than the stock AMG ones without the aka emblem.. In fact im sure alot of ppl on this forum has them too..
either brabus amg or carlsson or lorinser pedals. and all it is is the same pedals BUT different logo.

Im sorry i cant meet your style of modding my car. because i simply buy ebay stuff.
The most important thing and concern you should ALL worry about is when your ML is going to fail. im sure we all encounter that problem or expect it.

My mods my style and my way of modding the car is simply how i like it, and i think before i buy it. i like it and it looks nice then i buy it.
You should all worry about your own car and and keep your negative opinions to yourself, because the truth is this, " I LIVE IN BC" YOU WILL NEVER SEE MY CAR =P am i right?

the only time you will see my car is when i post it up on the forum, which somehting i dont intend to do anymore, because i jsut realize Most ML owners on this forum that are posting 24/7 are also members who are haters, flammers, and nothing but a downer. Not everyone like the way you mod your cars. Have you ever wonder you did modded your car with something and someone comes and start flaming on what you did, but you clearly think that it looks nice and at the same time your having doubts about it.
Well, to be honest, im not like you, i dont get convinced or get persuade into YOUR style of modding.

Because here are the list of ITEMS i can easily correct if anything does happen to it.
Pedals: i dont intend to drive fast enough or be gasing and breaking all the time to slip on the pedals, and worse comes to worse ILL TAKE IT OFF WHEN IT HAPPENS
Chrome handles: IF THEY PEEL I CAN ALWAYS TAKE IT OFF LOL
Chrome strips: I CAN ALWAYS TAKE IT OFF WHEN IT PEELS.
AMG STEERING WHEEL: THEY LOOKS NICE TO ME..

Chrome handles, Honesly that is simply just a personal opinion, I cant stand the black, so therefore i will get chrome covers, cause they look better. LoL

"I dont wear the same cloths you wear, so why do i have to mod my car like you do"

the only thing your all pissed off about is the AMG badge plate right?? lol
Ill put it on just for you.
Be reasonable, use some logic and critical thinking. Dont give opinions and cant support it.
when clearly all your opinion is just a personal thought.

im sure alot of members on the forum uses Ebay chrome handles, "victorious" until he painted them. i dont see you guys flamming them haha, its because his car is so nice right? all modded up and looks many times better then all of yours. Nothing to complaints to that.

Ps, your M3 pedals, you use clutch and gas and brake so much and costant thats why you slip. I dont need to do heel toe, double cluth, ect. all i need to do it brake and gas. and I was doing that With straight metal pedals for the past month. because i took off the stock pedals, and im pretty good at controlling that.

And as for "Hanniep" i sense some discrimination there? No AMG engine no amg badge?
So much for being open minded... OOOOOO big deal you have a AMG and " i dont like other ML's trying to copy my car, and putting badges that dont belong, because im scared that theyll disgrace me".

For all of you Haters that are replying to my thread that I made, to help others, that this i what i accomplished and where, aka being a helpful source. you can simply make your own thread and show what you got, and if you get good feedbacks then great. show off what you have big boys. I dont mean to disgrace your 55s with my 320, thats why ill always keep my emblem in the rear, to remind people that im not your kind.. lol

People on this forum is worse than ppl, on the honda forum or revscene haha. act like little kids, despising other peoples mods and cars.
I thought this forum was to communicate, and not start war over internet.

To Stiggs: i read on the other forum that you wanted a exaust...
I have an idea for your ml 430...
GO with carlsson, or maybe even Brabus, DONT CHEAP OUT MAN!!!!!! dont go with magnaflow, they rust. You have to go with the 2000dollar brands.. trust me bro.
Honestly man brabus lorinser or carlsson. i dont want you to be a hypocrite and eventually getting flamed by other user. ...
DO IT RIGHT OR DONT DO IT AT ALL, STICK WITH STOCK. best way to go, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

all of you should mind your own business man. at least keep your negative opinions to yourself. I dont wear your clothes, dont have the same type interest and most importantly, WE DO NOT DRIVE THE SAME CAR,, you all either have a 55 or a 430.
Hopefully you all get my point and learn to grow up, and most importantly just because one person say no, doesnt me everyone has to follow.

here is some child logical common sense lesson for the haters, ]
im sure you all heard this before and if you havent , then hear this now, and if you still dont get it, then you wont go far with life.

"If the AMGs drove off a bridge, is it right that all the other 55s or 430s maybe even the entire ML class drive off the same bridge, because the big boss AMG said so."
Im using a metaphor.... "

"If i was to rely and get persuade/convinced to everyones decision, then my life must be as dependent as new born duck. "

"Most of the US NATION voted Obama because he was black, not because what he was Actually capable of, and obviously every african american citizen who never vote, had finally voted. only because the rest of the african americans were voting for obama, more than half dont even know politics, they simply voted for him cause everyone else was"
And same does for mcain, most ppl voted for mc cain cause they were racist to afican american."

you see all im trying to say is simply, people gets persuade into doing things that they dont even know what is right or wrong, and to me your persuading me into change my way of modding my car because you think thats right, and so does the rest of your little friends on the forum. I am old enough to make my own decision in whats right of wrong, whats looks good or what looks bad.... If I dont need you to choose my Girlfriend, then i dont need you to say what looks good and what doesnt on my car.

DONE! =p

Last edited by STi_JL; 02-18-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by STi_JL
HAHA, you guys crack me up so much, lol
I like how you guys complaing so much about my car, and trying to act like you care about my safety and the chrome wearing out ect, when truly you just despise in my way of modding my car, cause im not doing the right way, cause im not buying authentic amg parts, and cause im not " doing what you guys are doing".

The amg badge for ex," its not a engine badge HAHA, dont worry, i dont intend to put that on my engine, it simply came with the pedals.

And btw, I love the looks of that pedal, like it iway better than the stock AMG ones without the aka emblem.. In fact im sure alot of ppl on this forum has them too..
either brabus amg or carlsson or lorinser pedals. and all it is is the same pedals BUT different logo.

Im sorry i cant meet your style of modding my car. because i simply buy ebay stuff.
The most important thing and concern you should ALL worry about is when your ML is going to fail. im sure we all encounter that problem or expect it.

My mods my style and my way of modding the car is simply how i like it, and i think before i buy it. i like it and it looks nice then i buy it.
You should all worry about your own car and and keep your negative opinions to yourself, because the truth is this, " I LIVE IN BC" YOU WILL NEVER SEE MY CAR =P am i right?

the only time you will see my car is when i post it up on the forum, which somehting i dont intend to do anymore, because i jsut realize Most ML owners on this forum that are posting 24/7 are also members who are haters, flammers, and nothing but a downer. Not everyone like the way you mod your cars. Have you ever wonder you did modded your car with something and someone comes and start flaming on what you did, but you clearly think that it looks nice and at the same time your having doubts about it.
Well, to be honest, im not like you, i dont get convinced or get persuade into YOUR style of modding.

Because here are the list of ITEMS i can easily correct if anything does happen to it.
Pedals: i dont intend to drive fast enough or be gasing and breaking all the time to slip on the pedals, and worse comes to worse ILL TAKE IT OFF WHEN IT HAPPENS
Chrome handles: IF THEY PEEL I CAN ALWAYS TAKE IT OFF LOL
Chrome strips: I CAN ALWAYS TAKE IT OFF WHEN IT PEELS.
AMG STEERING WHEEL: THEY LOOKS NICE TO ME..

Chrome handles, Honesly that is simply just a personal opinion, I cant stand the black, so therefore i will get chrome covers, cause they look better. LoL

"I dont wear the same cloths you wear, so why do i have to mod my car like you do"

the only thing your all pissed off about is the AMG badge plate right?? lol
Ill put it on just for you.
Be reasonable, use some logic and critical thinking. Dont give opinions and cant support it.
when clearly all your opinion is just a personal thought.

im sure alot of members on the forum uses Ebay chrome handles, "victorious" until he painted them. i dont see you guys flamming them haha, its because his car is so nice right? all modded up and looks many times better then all of yours. Nothing to complaints to that.

Ps, your M3 pedals, you use clutch and gas and brake so much and costant thats why you slip. I dont need to do heel toe, double cluth, ect. all i need to do it brake and gas. and I was doing that With straight metal pedals for the past month. because i took off the stock pedals, and im pretty good at controlling that.

And as for "Hanniep" i sense some discrimination there? No AMG engine no amg badge?
So much for being open minded... OOOOOO big deal you have a AMG and " i dont like other ML's trying to copy my car, and putting badges that dont belong, because im scared that theyll disgrace me".

For all of you Haters that are replying to my thread that I made, to help others, that this i what i accomplished and where, aka being a helpful source. you can simply make your own thread and show what you got, and if you get good feedbacks then great. show off what you have big boys. I dont mean to disgrace your 55s with my 320, thats why ill always keep my emblem in the rear, to remind people that im not your kind.. lol

People on this forum is worse than ppl, on the honda forum or revscene haha. act like little kids, despising other peoples mods and cars.
I thought this forum was to communicate, and not start war over internet.

To Stiggs: i read on the other forum that you wanted a exaust...
I have an idea for your ml 430...
GO with carlsson, or maybe even Brabus, DONT CHEAP OUT MAN!!!!!! dont go with magnaflow, they rust. You have to go with the 2000dollar brands.. trust me bro.
Honestly man brabus lorinser or carlsson. i dont want you to be a hypocrite and eventually getting flamed by other user. ...
DO IT RIGHT OR DONT DO IT AT ALL, STICK WITH STOCK. best way to go, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

all of you should mind your own business man. at least keep your negative opinions to yourself. I dont wear your clothes, dont have the same type interest and most importantly, WE DO NOT DRIVE THE SAME CAR,, you all either have a 55 or a 430.
Hopefully you all get my point and learn to grow up, and most importantly just because one person say no, doesnt me everyone has to follow.

here is some child logical common sense lesson for the haters, ]
im sure you all heard this before and if you havent , then hear this now, and if you still dont get it, then you wont go far with life.

"If the AMGs drove off a bridge, is it right that all the other 55s or 430s maybe even the entire ML class drive off the same bridge, because the big boss AMG said so."
Im using a metaphor.... "

"If i was to rely and get persuade/convinced to everyones decision, then my life must be as dependent as new born duck. "

"Most of the US NATION voted Obama because he was black, not because what he was Actually capable of, and obviously every african american citizen who never vote, had finally voted. only because the rest of the african americans were voting for obama, more than half dont even know politics, they simply voted for him cause everyone else was"
And same does for mcain, most ppl voted for mc cain cause they were racist to afican american."

you see all im trying to say is simply, people gets persuade into doing things that they dont even know what is right or wrong, and to me your persuading me into change my way of modding my car because you think thats right, and so does the rest of your little friends on the forum. I am old enough to make my own decision in whats right of wrong, whats looks good or what looks bad.... If I dont need you to choose my Girlfriend, then i dont need you to say what looks good and what doesnt on my car.

DONE! =p
I think Hanniep had the same fears as me....we thought you were gonna start badging your beast as an AMG. We didn't want you to be a poser because you seem like a cool guy. Probably should hang the AMG plaque on your wall or something. Keep it as far away from the ML as possible.

Also......do magnaflows really rust?

Also too.....if you want us to choose your girlfriend for you we can....but we're gonna need to see alot of pics first.

And how the heck did this thread get political?

When it comes down to it Pete and the rest of us are not trying to tell you how to mod your vehicle. Pete was just trying to give you some advice. He said the e-Bay parts are cheap and you might not want them on your ML, which I'm sure he is correct. I think thats some good advice. Pete, Hannie and I are good people....we're not here to bust your stones or make you feel like crap. We are giving opinions and advice. By no means do you have to accept this advice. But what else is this forum for but to give advice and voice opinions? God Bless America. Nope...I won't be seeing you in Canada anytime soon, unless there's a cool strip bar you want to take the three of us out too.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:59 PM

02 W163
Yes they do rust btw, But its under life time warrenty.
Obviously i dont care if you guys are giving advice, but not offence, i sense some sarcasm and post that refers me as some kind of idiot modding there car and ricing it out to be a chrome machine.

I know ebay is cheap, you get what you pay for. There are obvioiusly parts that i like that why im getting them, like the pedals and the hood and trunk emblem that i bought from Jspeed. Simply why should a pay 300 dollars for the front grill and and get the same result(exactly the same, i actually compare it side by side) doing a DYI for 30dollars. When it peels ill take it off.

But the thing is that most you guys are making it a big deal like, "OMG theres goes a ML down the drain." Infact if its really that ugly, ill realize it when i decide to go in more dept into modding the car. as for now, i simply like what i accomplish, is what im saying.

I wanted everything AFFALTERBACH with that black and white style , for everything. steering wheel. front and trunks, thanks why i got it, infact 5 bucks. and it looks IMHO BETTER.
Surely some day when the 22s are on would make a big difference than stock rims and bring out the best in the car. but that would be a while.

Its too late to chanbge what i have. and I would much rather have brabus as the theme rather than AMG, that would save much problems and less doubts. And perhaps looks better.

And
Old 02-19-2009, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
You didn't mention any strip joints up there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W163 DYI ml55 front grill/MODS, My ML320