GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

First time Mercedes buyer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2024, 11:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
GLE450 SUV
First time Mercedes buyer

I have never owned a Mercedes before. I put my order in this past weekend and I'm set for the coming October build.

I ordered the 2025 GLE450W4 with the following:
Obsidian Black Metallic
Macchiato Beige
21" AMG 5-spoke w/black accents
Night Package
Acoustic Comfort Package
Airmatic Package
AMG Line Exterior Package
Panorama Sunroof
Natural Grain Walnut Trim
Illuminated Star (I know, you either love it or hate it)

The one issue I ran into was that I wanted the headliner to be the same color as the interior. Apparently, it defaults to black because of the Night Package and there was no way to change it online.
At the dealer, they were able to override this so I can get the headliner in Macchiato.

My ETA is around or before Thanksgiving.
I am so excited!!!

Hope I don't regret buying a Mercedes.

The following users liked this post:
AMMBGLE (09-08-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 12:23 PM

Received 151 Likes on 107 Posts
MY2024 GLE 450
Great build and congratulations!

A couple of things you still have time to think about before your order goes into freeze period:

1) Illuminated star makes it impossible to get Driving Assistance package, which has many safety and convenience related features. For me, adaptive cruise control is a must and you can't get it without full DA package.
2) Trailer Hitch. It's not just for towing, it's also useful for bike racks and other accessories. It's almost impossible to retrofit properly.
3) Not sure if you went with Premium or Pinnacle but with Pinnacle you get better seats, LED headlumps and the head-up display.
MBArizona (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 12:48 PM

GLE450 SUV
Originally Posted by stktyz33
Great build and congratulations!

A couple of things you still have time to think about before your order goes into freeze period:

1) Illuminated star makes it impossible to get Driving Assistance package, which has many safety and convenience related features. For me, adaptive cruise control is a must and you can't get it without full DA package.
2) Trailer Hitch. It's not just for towing, it's also useful for bike racks and other accessories. It's almost impossible to retrofit properly.
3) Not sure if you went with Premium or Pinnacle but with Pinnacle you get better seats, LED headlumps and the head-up display.
Thanks for the info.
I was never going to get the Drivers Assistance Package as that does not interest me at all. In fact, I find most of the items in that package annoying.
All my previous cars have had trailer hitches and I have never used it. LOL We are talking a span of over 20 years. LOL
I went with the exclusive trim and not the pinnacle. The massage seats would be nice but the only thing that interests me in that package is the heads up display so I'm not going to get the whole package just for that.

I am more worried about reliability as I have never owned a Merc.
For instance, I read the forums about the airmatic system. Lots of good and lots of bad stories. LOL I'm in Maryland and the roads are horrible so I thought I would give the airmatic system a try.
Old 08-27-2024, 01:21 PM

MY2024 GLE 450
Originally Posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
I am more worried about reliability as I have never owned a Merc.
For instance, I read the forums about the airmatic system. Lots of good and lots of bad stories. LOL I'm in Maryland and the roads are horrible so I thought I would give the airmatic system a try.
I wouldn't worry about that. It's rarely something that's architecturally flawed but often a defect either during the manufacturing or assembly. I.e., something you can't really predict, stuff happens. There are hundreds of thousands of v167 vehicles on the road in the US, so the horror stories you may find here are tiny snapshots. As for the AIRMATIC, I love it, won't get a car without it.
Old 08-27-2024, 01:30 PM

GLE450 SUV
I wouldn't worry about that. It's rarely something that's architecturally flawed but often a defect either during the manufacturing or assembly. I.e., something you can't really predict, stuff happens. There are hundreds of thousands of v167 vehicles on the road in the US, so the horror stories you may find here are tiny snapshots. As for the AIRMATIC, I love it, won't get a car without it.
Now I feel better. LOL
Thanks.

Having a air suspension is another thing I have never tried so this should be interesting.
Old 08-27-2024, 01:42 PM

MY2024 GLE 450
Now I feel better. LOL
Thanks.

Having a air suspension is another thing I have never tried so this should be interesting.
I posted some pictures of how GLE looks in different AIRMATIC modes here: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...gle-450-a.html
Old 08-27-2024, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 756 Likes on 561 Posts
GLE 580
Up to $3k back via Amex. https://amexnetwork.truecar.com/

Also Sam's club has a cash offer too.
Old 08-27-2024, 02:20 PM

GLE450 SUV
I posted some pictures of how GLE looks in different AIRMATIC modes here: https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...gle-450-a.html
That looks awesome. Love all the different height pictures.
You mentioned in your description that you got the crystal grey headliner but to me it looks exactly like the macchiato trim I ordered.
Perhaps it's just my monitor.

How long does it take for the car to adjust to each different height setting?
Old 08-27-2024, 02:21 PM

GLE450 SUV
Originally Posted by wildta

I asked the dealer about this and they knew nothing about it.
Old 08-27-2024, 02:46 PM

Received 134 Likes on 101 Posts
2023 GLE63S - Edition 55
Trailer hitch is also a huge asset for resale.
Old 08-27-2024, 02:51 PM

MY2024 GLE 450
You mentioned in your description that you got the crystal grey headliner but to me it looks exactly like the macchiato trim I ordered.
It's similar but Crystal Grey is a bit colder color tone wise.

Depends on a mode. From 0 to -1 and back takes a few seconds. From 0 to +1 or +2, I'd say about 15-20 secs.

If it's an official dealer, they will accept it as it's treated as a "fleet discount" I believe, unless they find some exotic reason not to. It comes out of MBUSA pocket and not theirs, so they largely don't care if you use it not. You need to use it when final paperwork is processed, usually a day before or on delivery as all incentive are effective at delivery and not at P&S signing.

Old 08-27-2024, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,219 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
.....If it's an official dealer, they will accept it as it's treated as a "fleet discount" I believe, unless they find some exotic reason not to. It comes out of MBUSA pocket and not theirs, so they largely don't care if you use it not. You need to use it when final paperwork is processed, usually a day before or on delivery as all incentive are effective at delivery and not at P&S signing.
It's important to note that the incentive must be active at the time of delivery, not at the date you placed the order.
So it's a bit of a guessing game - whether the incentive will be the same, higher, lower, or gone - when the car is delivered.

The Benz Club MBCA also offers Fleet Discounts for members.

As with most others, they vary from month to month, according to which models MB wants to move.
Old 08-27-2024, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
It's on top of whatever you negotiate with the dealer. So it's better to negotiate the best out-of-the-door price and then add these cash offers after negotiating.
Old 08-27-2024, 04:37 PM

GLE450 SUV
I'm not sure what is normal for negotiating prices with Mercedes.
I was only able to get a little over $3000 off the sticker price. I probably got ripped. LOL
Old 08-28-2024, 10:38 AM

GLE450 SUV
It's on top of whatever you negotiate with the dealer. So it's better to negotiate the best out-of-the-door price and then add these cash offers after negotiating.
If I understand the process correctly, you enter your card number and it verifies you are eligible, then it creates a form you bring with you to the dealership.
Is this correct?
Old 08-28-2024, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
If I understand the process correctly, you enter your card number and it verifies you are eligible, then it creates a form you bring with you to the dealership.
Is this correct?
Sounds right.
Old 08-28-2024, 11:41 AM

MY2024 GLE 450
That looks awesome. Love all the different height pictures.

Is this correct?
Small tweaks - it asks you to login into your AMEX online account and validates that you have an open card account, then it creates a form you fill and bring it to the dealership at the time of delivery. The name on the account must be the same as the name on your purchase and sales agreement. Having that said, close to the delivery date, I'd notify the dealer that you plan to use it and send them the scanned form so they can adjust the P&S agreement before your visit, it may save you and them some time.

If you don't have an AMEX card, you can apply for one, the system will work from the moment you're approved and online account created, you don't need to wait for the physical card to arrive.
If you don't have an AMEX card and have no plans to apply, you can usually find the same deal from Sams Club. However, Sams club has a "cool down" period, it means that you need to be a member for like 60 days or so to use this offer. Something to keep in mind.

Old 08-28-2024, 12:07 PM

GLE450 SUV
Small tweaks - it asks you to login into your AMEX online account and validates that you have an open card account, then it creates a form you fill and bring it to the dealership at the time of delivery. The name on the account must be the same as the name on your purchase and sales agreement. Having that said, close to the delivery date, I'd notify the dealer that you plan to use it and send them the scanned form so they can adjust the P&S agreement before your visit, it may save you and them some time.

If you don't have an AMEX card, you can apply for one, the system will work from the moment you're approved and online account created, you don't need to wait for the physical card to arrive.
If you don't have an AMEX card and have no plans to apply, you can usually find the same deal from Sams Club. However, Sams club has a "cool down" period, it means that you need to be a member for like 60 days or so to use this offer. Something to keep in mind.
Thanks for the great info.
Old 08-29-2024, 11:21 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2024 GLE53 AMG

I’m so irritated I missed this when getting mine a couple weeks ago.
Old 08-29-2024, 12:06 PM

GLE450 SUV
Probably a stupid question but can you use both the AMEX and SAMS CLUB offers on the same deal or do you have to pick one.
Old 09-01-2024, 07:57 AM

GLE450 SUV
Originally Posted by EL-34
Are you mental? These two sentances don't belong in the same breath. Get the **** out of here and buy a honda or another make for losers.
Thanks for the kind words.
You must be fun at parties.
You do realize this forum is full of people with problems with their cars right?

Stop being a d!ck, more people might like you.
Old 09-01-2024, 11:13 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
2025 AMG GLE 53
I have never owned a Mercedes before. I put my order in this past weekend and I'm set for the coming October build.

I ordered the 2025 GLE450W4 with the following:
Obsidian Black Metallic
Macchiato Beige
21" AMG 5-spoke w/black accents
Night Package
Acoustic Comfort Package
Airmatic Package
AMG Line Exterior Package
Panorama Sunroof
Natural Grain Walnut Trim
Illuminated Star (I know, you either love it or hate it)

The one issue I ran into was that I wanted the headliner to be the same color as the interior. Apparently, it defaults to black because of the Night Package and there was no way to change it online.
At the dealer, they were able to override this so I can get the headliner in Macchiato.

My ETA is around or before Thanksgiving.
I am so excited!!!

Hope I don't regret buying a Mercedes.
You didn’t specify if you got leather or mbtex. Definitely something to consider I personally prefer leather it’s different look feel and smell and durability. However others prefer the mbtex and will present different opinion to mine. A trip to dealership and additional research on benefits of each can help after all you’ll be spending a lot of time on those seats. Mbtex can be good option for people as long as you’re aware of advantages and disadvantages. People have posted issues and advantages of each on this forum. I would also get the mbtex dash and door trim.

Last edited by AMMBGLE; 09-01-2024 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-01-2024, 11:26 AM

GLE450 SUV
Originally Posted by AMMBGLE
You didn’t specify if you got leather or mbtex. Definitely something to consider I personally prefer leather it’s different look feel and smell and durability. However others prefer the mbtex and will present different opinion to mine. A trip to dealership and additional research on benefits of each can help after all you’ll be spending a lot of time on those seats. Mbtex can be good option for people as long as you’re aware of advantages and disadvantages. People have posted issues and advantages of each on this forum.
I ordered the MBTEX.
The seats at the dealer with mbtex were really nice and for me, not worth the extra $1600 for leather as I am on a budget.
I buy my vehicles outright and don't finance them. All the little extras add up quick.
AMMBGLE (09-01-2024)
Old 09-01-2024, 01:30 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 AMG E63S
Probably a stupid question but can you use both the AMEX and SAMS CLUB offers on the same deal or do you have to pick one.
I have a 2025 order due for an October build and November delivery and was hoping to be able to use the AMEX offer but looking at the fine print it only seems to apply to 2023 and 2024 models. I don’t think they will allow us to use it for a 2025 as they probably are in no need of moving brand new inventory. Hopefully I’m wrong though.
Old 09-01-2024, 01:41 PM

GLE450 SUV
Originally Posted by GreenFox
I have a 2025 order due for an October build and November delivery and was hoping to be able to use the AMEX offer but looking at the fine print it only seems to apply to 2023 and 2024 models. I don’t think they will allow us to use it for a 2025 as they probably are in no need of moving brand new inventory. Hopefully I’m wrong though.
Well, I think we might just be able to squeeze into this offer.
Here is a quote from the website: "A new Mercedes-Benz vehicle is an eligible model in the Vehicle Program Incentive list that has never been registered and has less than 10,000 miles on it. Your exclusive offer code is valid towards the purchase/lease of a vehicle through 01/02/25 and applies to the eligible vehicles available by Mercedes-Benz at the time of redemption. "

So it looks as though this offer is good through 1/2/25.
Since my build also starts in October and ETA is mid November, I think we do qualify.
I guess time will tell when we actually go in and sign the paperwork.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First time Mercedes buyer