M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

CARBON FIBER PARTS??? any suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 W163
CARBON FIBER PARTS??? any suggestions

Okay, so im planning to due my interior/EXterior with carbon fiber parts.
I jsut purchase some parts off ebay (yes EBAY)
i purchase a carbonfiber shift frame and carbon door pillars..
both looks REALLY nice, and looks really to me, because of the 3d look.

Anyways, Im really into the CF stuff, so if anyone can give me some advice or website where i can get them would be GREAT!!
Im trying to find CF parts for so long and all i can find were these 2,

Im also looking for cf vent trim and ect, somthing like what Stephan has on his ML(i admire that car)

I know they make the armrest, but thats gonna cost a arm and leg for.
Please help me with these suggestion, interior or exterior, just CF for ML and ill take a look at it. THANKS

Here are some of the stuff i bought from EBay that are CF
PM me if anyone wants the info on the user i get it from, Its the best on ebay, because they give you 6 pieace of CF not 4
====Real CF Door Pillars(I read the feebacks on this and apparently it is a perfect fit and looks NICE on the ML and alot of ML owners are also purchasing it)UV pretect,ect so it doesnt fade.

====Real CF Shifter Frame with stainless steel trim

This is from the CF seller
Made in the USA from high quality first grade REAL Carbon fiber with a highly durable marine grade UV protected finish to help protect from yellowing fading and damage! Their are other Carbon Fiber parts sellers out their that use a rubbery urethane clear coat finish that despite what they say won't last and will dry up, crack and fade like an old dash board in a little over a year. Others use a lacquer or vinyl finish which will fade very quickly as well and some use no protective finish at all which will turn yellow in no time! I use a highly durable marine grade UV protected clear finish found on boats! This clear finish is designed to constantly stand up to sun, salt and abrasive sand for many years! And if you manage to scratch the durable surface, you can wet sand and polish it back out to a beautiful shine unlike the rubbery urethane finishes which cant be wet sanded so if you get a scratch then it's their to stay, and those with no finish at all will also be permanently damaged by what should be a simple repairable scratch! As long as you occasionally polish your carbon Fiber pillars the same you would the paint job on your car, then your Carbon Fiber will remain beautiful virtually forever!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:30 PM

1990 300TE
http://carbondynamics.net/
He will carbon wrap whatever you send him.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by STi_JL
Okay, so im planning to due my interior/EXterior with carbon fiber parts.
I jsut purchase some parts off ebay (yes EBAY)
i purchase a carbonfiber shift frame and carbon door pillars..
both looks REALLY nice, and looks really to me, because of the 3d look.

Anyways, Im really into the CF stuff, so if anyone can give me some advice or website where i can get them would be GREAT!!
Im trying to find CF parts for so long and all i can find were these 2,

Im also looking for cf vent trim and ect, somthing like what Stephan has on his ML(i admire that car)

I know they make the armrest, but thats gonna cost a arm and leg for.
Please help me with these suggestion, interior or exterior, just CF for ML and ill take a look at it. THANKS

Here are some of the stuff i bought from EBay that are CF
PM me if anyone wants the info on the user i get it from, Its the best on ebay, because they give you 6 pieace of CF not 4
====Real CF Door Pillars(I read the feebacks on this and apparently it is a perfect fit and looks NICE on the ML and alot of ML owners are also purchasing it)UV pretect,ect so it doesnt fade.

====Real CF Shifter Frame with stainless steel trim

This is from the CF seller
you continue to amaze me with you're modding style... CF, Chrome, Smoked out parts... Couldnt pick a theme huh? So just doing them all?

To stay on topic... my trim is starting to look dated, I was planning on wrapping my trim pieces and go for the dry carbon fiber look... 1 yard of the CF fabric from eurodyne should be more then enough
Old 04-03-2009, 09:41 AM

02 W163
Well i got my theme already,
Chrome handles are just chrome handles to get my black handles stand out less with a silver car.
I have always loved CF. But my interiors i dont plan on putting chrome this chrome that, i would love to keep iot wood and CF.
But the pillars CF, the CF pillar would obviously look much more better than the CHROME(be honest?) worse comes to worse if it doesnt match, i can always take my handles off, =]

Thanks thanks for the reply. i want to wrap some stuff too
Old 04-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
I would de chrome the car myself... as I have said all along... leave the side steps, leave the wheels(lower the car though, PLEASE, lol) as long as those are the solid CF peices and not the cheap stick on vinyl ones, they should look pretty good
Old 04-03-2009, 03:08 PM

02 W163
Ya i know what you mean about the theme.
I dont know if the smoked tails has anything to do with the theme...

But yes for sure i promise you its not gonna be chrome interior, i cant stand chrome interior.
or anything TOOOOOO flashy, ect. I know i ahve the handles and rims, but thats not too big of deal, the rims acutally match the car better in chrome then the black. if anything i can always get it powder coated.
but anyways. Door pillars in chrome and interior trim in chrome is not my cup of tea at all..
either CF or stainless steel.

cause all i wanted to do was to get rid of the black on the handles like i told you before lol..

but anyways. ya i want to get my interior done, so i guess i can get someone to do it hopfully
Old 04-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLK
email ger.jones@comcast.net for info on carbon fiber