M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Regarding Street racing backgrounds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 ML500
Question Regarding Street racing backgrounds

I open this topic for certain users that have issue with a sentence I put in reply for a topic of "Street racing background" in

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=28861

Personally, I'm not sure If I'm proud of it or not but it sure was fun back then like 15 or 20 years ago. Without my wife and kids. I mean any red blooded teen ager will do this. Yeah, its stupid but fun and I really don't know who never done it if their are male not to stereo type. Beside it not everyone else is rich enough to go to the race track to have fun. Especially I live in a suburb area where is hardly any people. We race each other everyday in the canyons open local highways. I never got into any accident but most of my friends sure do and afterward they become a better driver then me and some of them actually went into racing. Please go at it again, if you need to...
Old 02-05-2003, 03:42 PM

'82 turbo yugo
Re: Regarding Street racing backgrounds

Originally posted by m500
Personally, I'm not sure If I'm proud of it or not but it sure was fun back then like 15 or 20 years ago.

Especially I live in a suburb area where is hardly any people. We race each other everyday in the canyons open local highways. I never got into any accident but most of my friends sure do and afterward they become a better driver then me and some of them actually went into racing. Please go at it again, if you need to...
I take it you still street race based upon your post (even though you open with the fact that it was fun years ago before a family, etc. (past tense)).

I'm sorry, but racing through the canyons is irresponsible, endangers innocent folks, and as you have noted, not very safe, especially if these wannabe "racers" don't have decent car control skills.

Perhaps you should try a day at the track. For between $150-$200 folks learn an amazing amount about driving at the limit, in a safe environment where you aren't endangering innocent folks, and most importantly it will make you a much much safer driver on the streets. An added bonus is that it's an incredible amount of fun.

Food for thought.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:25 PM

03 ML500
I actual don't race on street anymore but still too lazy to go on to the tracks. I'm losing my nerves after I have my first kid and wife's constant nagging finally took tolls on me. I still enjoys the andraline rush I get at street racing, it just doesn't feel the same in the track. But with my newly improve self controll and also knowing not many wannabe racers on the street have a ride that can really put me to dust.(as matter of fact I hardly ever loose) Now whenever people trying to race with me, I just tell myself - Don't do it, it not worth it. You life is much valuable than theirs. Just look at their cars, its not even half of or sometime 1/3 of mine cars price. I know this is a bad remark but it works on me.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:00 PM

'82 turbo yugo
I actual don't race on street anymore but still too lazy to go on to the tracks. I'm losing my nerves after I have my first kid and wife's constant nagging finally took tolls on me. I still enjoys the andraline rush I get at street racing, it just doesn't feel the same in the track. But with my newly improve self controll and also knowing not many wannabe racers on the street have a ride that can really put me to dust.(as matter of fact I hardly ever loose) Now whenever people trying to race with me, I just tell myself - Don't do it, it not worth it. You life is much valuable than theirs. Just look at their cars, its not even half of or sometime 1/3 of mine cars price. I know this is a bad remark but it works on me.
I'm sorry. We're having a communication problem apparently.

Do you ("I still enjoys the andraline rush I get at street racing" "as matter of fact I hardly ever loose") or don't you ("I actual don't race on street anymore") street race anymore?

On the one hand it seems that we agree but on the other hand there are a bunch of contradictory statements that you've made.

p.s. How can you know that the adrenalin rush is less at a track if you've never been?
Old 02-05-2003, 05:16 PM

03 ML500
Unhappy

- I don't race on street anymore. -

And the reason why I think the adrenalin rush factor is less on track because there is not enough suprise on the track. Like would I get caught by COP? Am I going to be in a fight? Am I going to start a fight? It seem stupid now looking back, but I just want to have fun and looking for trouble. But those are the old days. I actually was going to race on the rack with my new Red hot Miata Conv. But just before I place my order for supercharger and suspension upgrades due to a hit and run on the freeway from some A. Hole trucker that almost kill my wife on freeway. The track thing just never happen. My Miata is total and I did not get any money from Insurance because it only got liability since I plan to use it main for track. Well at least my wife is okay. Now I got 2 kids, I have no time for car anymore. Its hard enough to get some quality time with my family already.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:34 PM

'82 turbo yugo
- I don't race on street anymore. -
Congrats.

And the reason why I think the adrenalin rush factor is less on track because there is not enough suprise on the track.
I think that you would have to hit the track before making that determination. There are plenty of surprises, and other things, that get your adrenalin going when you track a car.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:54 PM

Mercedes Benz ML320
Parts

this doesnt really have anything to do with street racing, but do you know if there are any true performance parts for the m class? Id really like my suspesion stiffened up